The Official TRF Cat Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paper modelers forum has a "For the cats" thread which is now 171 pages and began October 12, 2013.
I've found that a lot of forums have dog/cat threads/subforum. It seems like the ones dedicated to cats always have more posts (some by a lot). More people like cats? Or just want to show them off/talk about them?

I’ve always had dogs and cats and enjoy them equally.
Currently I have only two cats. Sistra, and Brat.
I own my own home but have no where for dog to play. Then there is Mrs, whom took the passing of my little Pom I had for 12 years harder than I did and informed me no more dogs.

Yup, four cats here...

Moose
.310.jpg

Mac
1307.jpg

R.I.P
Shanghai (Snoggs)
834.jpg

Snoggs was about 17 and pretty beat up from being the king of the neighborhood for most of his life.
He disappeared about two months ago and hasn't been seen since.
Shortly after he disappeared my mother in law's cat had a litter.
We picked two kittens from the bunch.

I introduce Calvin and Hobbs,

1600998178177.png

Last edited:
My sons dorky cat that hangs out with me a lot when I’m home...
And the old grumpy cat that hates the youngster...

Attachments

• AB46957A-DE7E-4B0C-A5D4-7906B4EF5EC3.jpeg
    AB46957A-DE7E-4B0C-A5D4-7906B4EF5EC3.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 1F6A363B-A4C6-47A6-BFD2-2913EB6AEA30.jpeg
    1F6A363B-A4C6-47A6-BFD2-2913EB6AEA30.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 39
  • BC74891F-2629-4CFC-A570-EE42923107C2.jpeg
    BC74891F-2629-4CFC-A570-EE42923107C2.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
Annabel - RIP. She was a stray kitten that ran into my apartment on a cold snowy morning and never left. She made 3 moves with us during her life.

2010-09-07_14-43-06_925.jpg

We still have 2 cats, but they're stereotypical cats who only care about us when it is time to eat.

Here's an older picture of my current partners in crime. They're both a little bigger and the rocket has paint and decals.

20171126_203038.jpg

Cat story from years ago.
Neighbor had two dachshund’s and a short legged tortoise shell cat.
Cat decided to move in with us.

some time later, my children and wife were in the front yard as was this Cat.

Neighbor children ran over and said
We used to have a cat that looked just like that

lol! Oh man. Cats and kids.

At one time we had a Cat with a bad leg.
Stiff leg, so it appears to be broken, etc.
Every so often, if this Cat didn’t show up , we would find it at the shelter because someone took it there. Eventually they knew to call us. Lol

Did have a Beagle dog prior. To young to recall. Alll I know is it dug up flower beds and went to live on a Farm.. actually it did.

did not have another dog until high school.
Bought an English setter, and a short while later took home a stray. Good loyal dawgs.

I remember our pevious two cats we had were a bit put-out by the arrival of our daughter. Never had much to do with her. One day I was getting our daughter to crawl around following the red spot of a laser pointer in the kitchen. Both cats joined in, so all three were following it around the room. From that time on my daughter was part of their family. Same same :)

I remember our pevious two cats we had were a bit put-out by the arrival of our daughter. Never had much to do with her. One day I was getting our daughter to crawl around following the red spot of a laser pointer in the kitchen. Both cats joined in, so all three were following it around the room. From that time on my daughter was part of their family. Same same :)
Had fish, gerbils, hamsters, cats, dogs and a reptile once upon a time. Getting to old to have an animal child that will outlive me. Last cat passed a year ago.

What !!!!!! Haha omg !
OTP!!! You one good dad and funny guy !

I have two Siamese Cats, brother & sister. My boy is more adventurous and likes to see everything going on, so he is always helping me build things.

Attachments

• helper.jpg
    helper.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Shiloh.jpg
    Shiloh.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 36
  • Helper 2.jpg
    Helper 2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 37
  • pair.jpg
    pair.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 37
I also had hamsters, gerbils, fish...all the above were food for the turtles and snakes! As kids we had an old trailer home parked next to dad’s shop that was our “club house.” That is where we kept the pet rattlesnake. Dad knew, mom not til many years later. I came home from school one day and found that the 4 1/2 ft gopher snake I had managed to free himself from the cage. We never did find him.

This is from where the pullout sofa in the office reached maximum pet. Four cats and a shih tzu.

IMG_2614.JPG

Sometimes our cats snuggle up and look like something out of a medieval bestiary. "I hath seen this Beast with mine own eyes. He hath a Head on each end and eight Feet with razor sharp Claws. He is covered all over with thick Black Furs and roars softly in his sleep."

IMG_2720.JPG

This is from where the pullout sofa in the office reached maximum pet. Four cats and a shih tzu.

View attachment 433368

Sometimes our cats snuggle up and look like something out of a medieval bestiary. "I hath seen this Beast with mine own eyes. He hath a Head on each end and eight Feet with razor sharp Claws. He is covered all over with thick Black Furs and roars softly in his sleep."

View attachment 433369
"Softly" HA!
My cat sounds more like a thunderstorm.

Oooh this is the cutest thread I've ever read. I have a whole zoo at home: my cutest two cats Tom and Luna, I took them from the shelter, fishes, a guinea pig Prince Charming and the parrot Era. They're all best friends.

My dogs adopted brother, Elwood

Attachments

• 89B3B9C0-C508-4B83-9312-819D263DB000.jpeg
    89B3B9C0-C508-4B83-9312-819D263DB000.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 13
Back