3D Printing PrusaSlicer Not Working for Me

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying different slicing programs to see which will give me the best results. @cwbullet recommended PrusaSlicer. So I downloaded it and installed it but when I start it I do not see the workspace as I do in Cura. I am running Windows 10 with all updates. This is what I am supposed to see according to YouTube videos I've watched. But it doesn't show up for me? Any suggestions> Any fixes? Should I be running it in a Compatibility mode?

ScreenShot297.jpg

This what I see ScreenShot298.jpg

I'm running an Ender 3 Pro and have PrusaSlic3r installed on my Linux box. My screen looks like this:

PrusaSlic3rScreenshot.png

Are you seeing something similar? The grid doesn't look like a build plate. Works fine, though.

Really odd. I am getting the same as John. I use this on 6 different makes of printers.

Try going to the Configuration > Configuration Assistant menu and removing all your current configs and reselecting a different printer, like one of the Prusa models. If that works, then try adding your Ender. It seems like your printer configuration may be corrupted.

Tony

Last edited:
Try going to the Configuration > Configuration Assistant menu and removing all your current configs and reselecting a different printer, like one of the Prusa models. If that works, then try adding your Ender. It seems like your printer configuration may be corrupted.
Tony
Tony, I uninstalled PrusaSlicer, then went into File Explorer and deleted the Prusa folder in Program files and then I went into my User profile AppData and found a couple of Prusa related folders (I think under Roaming) and I deleted them. I then reinstalled PrusaSlicer and went through the printer setup. I still can't see the printer bed. This is what I see. And looking in the Window tab I see that 3D and Preview are greyed out. Not sure why.1595177131164.png

What printer did you choose for printer setup? If you made a custom one, try choosing one of the default Prusa printers instead and see if that works. Maybe it's something with the way the printer is defined.

Tony

Back