3D Printing Prusa Mods

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next mod will be to upgrade the power supply to a 350W. Still works fine but with printer,mmu2,PI, and lcd all running on stock power supply its maxed out.

Which PS are you looking at, Mean Well NES-350-24? I recall reading something that Prusa is going to introduce a more powerful PS, but I have yet to see anything officially announced.

Also how is the Repetier server going, do you like the touch-screen interface? If you have the 3.5 touch with Repetier running does that mean you cannot WiFi or LAN into it?

I have been running the RC1 version for a little over a week or so and had chronic "enforced Z leveling" issues. First few prints were fine then one day it just never would get past point 21 on the 7x7. I switched back to 3x3 and it worked great again. I'm anxious to update to the Final version since they've addressed that.

Yeah if you read the forum there are people reporting that they upgraded on both RC1 and the final and both are not working for them. So I am going to try the upgrade but I am fully prepared to back rev.

It is not the same as the Prusa PC TXT sheet, but it is pretty darn good adhesion. I am printing with it right now. I will post a review when I get some good photos.

Thx Chuck.

Ideally I would like to own the original Prusa textured sheet but they seem to be like unicorns these days, so I have been settling with TheKKIINNG V3 and of course the original Prusa PEI smooth sheet. Barring the original textured sheet, if the V4/Matter Hacker LayerLock is one step closer to the Prusa then I will pick it up.

BTW, I took note of your advice that a second printer is better than one so I decided to keep all my original Prusa parts and pick up whatever I needed to complete a second one. The plan is to have one stock and one fully modified, just to do some comparing between the two.

let me know how it works out. I may build another prusa printer or a CNC this summer.

Yeah if you read the forum there are people reporting that they upgraded on both RC1 and the final and both are not working for them. So I am going to try the upgrade but I am fully prepared to back rev.
I don't think you need to roll back the FW rev, just switch from 7x7 to 3x3 in the settings menu if it gives you trouble.

I am looking for some insight into how to swap the standard PS on my Prusa MK3S to a Mean Well SE-450-24. I can wrap my head around the input and output terminals, as well as the voltage adjustment. However, there is a four pin connector, that they refer to as a "Function Connector(CN102):HRS DF11-4DP-2DS or equivalent".

Does anyone know what the function of this connector is, can I, for instance, use it to reset the switch?

https://www.meanwell.com/productPdf.aspx?i=463

IMG_20190508_002712__01.jpg

I am not sure. I upgraded to the 350/24 from Meanwell Mine does not have this connector.

Has anyone thought about placing connectors between the extrruder head and the cable ? (Chuck, I saw your name come up in some printer forum when googling this).

For prusa, how about two 8-pin EPS power extension cables. One for 4 extruder wires, heater and fan. Other for pinda, thermister and filament sensor.

Design a 3d housing to hold the two plugs in case.

51x6BzDFvgL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Latest posts

Back