Proline 4500 epoxy sources? What other epoxy do you use for fiberglass rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjstech

Reaction score
Hey All,
I am wondering who has Proline 4500 Epoxy now a days, I loved it for fillets on my Darkstar 3.0".
I see Wildman has it on the site and doesn't say anything about stock level/OOS. I can call/email this weekend too.
Proline Rocketry has been OOS for months now. So I am not sure if they are no longer making/selling it?
Any other vendors come to mind that has in stock?

I do have some RocketPoxy, have used it. Have the full range of West Systems including fillers. Along with hobby grade 2 part epoxies, and JB Weld.

Any tips/tricks/mixing ratios for RocketPoxy or West for nice fillets.

Thanks,
Mark

I still get my Proline 4500 from Wildman. His site will usually say "out of stock" if he doesn't have it. Right now it says "add to cart". Call him for sure.
As far as Rocketpoxy, that is pretty simple. It is a 1:1 mixture ratio and makes really nice fillets too. Just need to let the bubbles surface before pulling fillets. You probably have 20-40 minutes to work with it and is temperature dependent, the warmer the shorter working time but still makes nice fillets. Madcow also sells Rocketpoxy.
West system requires an additive such as coloidal silica and can be lumpy if not done right. Probably sands easier than rocketpoxy.
These are fillets from Rocketpoxy with green pigment:
IMG_2232.JPG

Back