Project pile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
So what does everyones project pile look like? I have put a big dent into mine, but still got a few that need finished.

6C5BD5DF-CF86-4AB1-82DB-74D0045E2789.jpeg

Pretty sad...
15 in the new build pile (or on its way) - To be built this winter!
7 partially built - I am holding off completing until I work off the &*$@#! paint pile. 3 in the repair pile.
54 53 50 47 42 37 in various painting stages or waiting for decals - I 2nd primed a few yesterday along with a few more that the received their first colour coat. A whole bunch are in the filler primer/sanding stage of which I am working on almost daily. This is going to take forever I fear. (Filler prime coat, sand, base prime coat, sand, first colour, light sand, masking, 2nd colour, buff, additional colours if required, buff, decals, clear coat).
I completed 3 4 7 10 15 20 recently. Ed: As the cooler weather sets in, I need to finish up painting as many as possible before it gets too cool to paint. Plus I realized I painted one of my BB IIs in the wrong paint scheme and it doesn't match the decals supplied... so it is going to be repainted.

I have to continue to make progress while the weather is still warm enough for painting.

Last edited:
5 presently "in process"
3-4 in "active" repair pile (several more just sitting waiting for repair). I did recently finish repairing 5 others.
Won't go into the number in the overall build pile........

I have a box of old forgotten rockets that I keep adding to every time I pick up someone's old collection and there are a few hundred unbuilt hanging on the wall waiting.

I currently have parts for two rockets cut and sitting on the bench waiting to be assembled. One is an upscale, one is a modified Estes Phoenix. I just received your upscale Ram Jet so that is getting moved up the priority list. Even with all of that I opened another classic Estes to start a build on as soon as my Hi-Flier is finished.

I really have tried to only build one at a time but sometimes it's not easy.

Back