Project Paper Build: Astron Big Bertha.(maybe)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrospace101

That Deceptively Quiet Kid...
Reaction score
Recently I have gone back to some of my earlier threads and got plans for what I believe is the big Bertha.

Just printed out plans, photos coming soon.

Anyways, Did a test fit after rolling tubes and building the motor mount.

Attachments

• 06A58B9E-4FD8-4CB7-B1F1-B017EE43D347.jpeg
    06A58B9E-4FD8-4CB7-B1F1-B017EE43D347.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 26
Well... I have a pile of card stock and access to a decent color laser printer... guess I know what one of my future rabbit holes will be.

I'm already a fan of card stock free flight gliders (White Wings), would stand to reason I'd get into card stock rockets...

Well... I have a pile of card stock and access to a decent color laser printer... guess I know what one of my future rabbit holes will be.

I'm already a fan of card stock free flight gliders (White Wings), would stand to reason I'd get into card stock rockets...
Yeah, cool, the inside gets blackened tho, but you can’t see it on the outside

I usually dip the end of a BBQ skewer, or thin dowel, in some white glue, and spread it around the inside of the cardstock body tubes and nose cones. It gives it a little more strength and protects the inside a little bit. They can still get charred, it just helps them last a little longer. Don't use too much glue or it can saturate the paper, just a little and spread it around and let it dry.

I usually dip the end of a BBQ skewer, or thin dowel, in some white glue, and spread it around the inside of the cardstock body tubes and nose cones. It gives it a little more strength and protects the inside a little bit. They can still get charred, it just helps them last a little longer. Don't use too much glue or it can saturate the paper, just a little and spread it around and let it dry.
Just curious, could that work with wood glue also? I ran out of all my White glue so.

Wood glue tends to shrink more, and is a little thicker and heavier. You might experiment with it. Might work if you water it down a little and don’t use too much.

Wood glue tends to shrink more, and is a little thicker and heavier. You might experiment with it. Might work if you water it down a little and don’t use too much.
Hmmm, I may see if I add 5-10 drops of water to thin it.

Back