Project Cheeseburger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolRockets

Reaction score
I have many crazy ideas, a good chunk of which are food related. I have been conceptualizing (vaguely brainstorming) the most groundbreaking high power food model rocket possibly ever; I call it, project cheeseburger. A rocket that manually stacks a cheeseburger with only the speed, ejection, retuning, and touchdown of the rocket. Before anyone starts to laugh at this I have been seriously thinking about it for over a year now. No fancy mechanics. No Tom Foolery, only liftoff with ingredients and recovery with finished burger. I am working on a small scale version using sliders, (micro-cheeseburgers) and thinking about using a modified apogee zephyr. If anyone has tried this please comment on this thread.

I have many crazy ideas, a good chunk of which are food related. I have been conceptualizing (vaguely brainstorming) the most groundbreaking high power food model rocket possibly ever; I call it, project cheeseburger. A rocket that manually stacks a cheeseburger with only the speed, ejection, retuning, and touchdown of the rocket. Before anyone starts to laugh at this I have been seriously thinking about it for over a year now. No fancy mechanics. No Tom Foolery, only liftoff with ingredients and recovery with finished burger. I am working on a small scale version using sliders, (micro-cheeseburgers) and thinking about using a modified apogee zephyr. If anyone has tried this please comment on this thread.

Sounds like a type of saucer, or maybe a modified spool. Pictures when you get it done!

Let me get this right. The ingredients are separate on the pad. The Zephyr has the burger parts like outside centering rings. At lift off the parts all slide together. What do you think the burger parts are going to be made of? Now you have my imagination working.

Let me get this right. The ingredients are separate on the pad. The Zephyr has the burger parts like outside centering rings. At lift off the parts all slide together. What do you think the burger parts are going to be made of? Now you have my imagination working.
No the zephyr is modified to hold the burger parts in the rocket and the speed and ejection and stuff will put it together

The better question is... Why?
Hungry Beyond Meat GIF by Woodblock

About the last four comments, ANSWERS!: no the burger does not cook during flight. Yes it requires another rocket if you want fries with that. Sure I could do a drink. The burger will be in some form for a case during the flight (that’s the modified zephyr part).

1. Buy a Cheeseburger from your fast food place of choice,
  2. Impale it, inside the box it came in, onto the HP rocket of your choice,
  3. Launch it,
  4. Recover it,
  5. Eat the cheeseburger,
  6. Contemplate why you wasted all that money

Do a slider, a little more simple. But, make the burger pieces start in individual compartments and during the deployment events, use the gravity and/or forces to flip pieces into the next compartment in the right order. I believe cams, latches and possibly a flux capacitor should be used. But I agree that the compartment should be clear so the outboard camera records the assembly.

1. Buy a Cheeseburger from your fast food place of choice,
  2. Impale it, inside the box it came in, onto the HP rocket of your choice,
  3. Launch it,
  4. Recover it,
  5. Eat the cheeseburger,
  6. Contemplate why you wasted all that money
Yes.... -step 6

Latest posts

Back