ProCast BKNO3-V pyrogen kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdemar

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
QuickBurst sent me a sample of their new ProCast pyrogen dip kit. They are using the good hard-to-find boron and Viton that I purchased last year. I'm not making any money on this, but I wanted to let everyone know it's available.

IMG_1699-300x225.jpg

We had a lot of discussion in the Research forum here about the benefits of the boron+KNO3+Viton (BKNO3-V) pryogen dip. Using the Viton-A raw binder is safer than pressing/hammering pellets, like the professional/military solid motors use. It has 2 to 3 times the heat and gas output compared to standard motor starters.

This kit combines everything needed to get started with 12 grams of "motor starter" dip, except for the acetone solvent. A lot less pyrogen is needed compared to other dips, but it's more expensive per gram. (Their QuickDip product is good for making a lot of igniters for general use.)

I have used BKNO3-V to:
  • Dip over an e-match for low-current motor-starters (clusters, staging, etc.)
  • Dip the head of the new "clear" Estes solar starters for more reliable BP start-up.
  • Dip over other motor-starters for faster/hotter ignition.
  • Mold into pellets to give a lot of surface area for fast ignition of really big motors (same as the professional solids use).

See: ProCast Data Page
See: ProCast Order Page

The first person to order a kit will get a 50% refund and free shipping you must mention you saw this on The Rocketry Forum.

You will get a ProCast kit for $15.00, The refund will be done through PayPal.

David Bachelder
DBA QuickBurst

Just ordered. Didn’t see a place to mention I saw it on TRF

I intend to offer four kits in the next few weeks at greatly reduced prices. I also plan on having a bit of fun doing so.

First
I'll let a ProCast kit go for half the cost on my website. You will pay only $17.50 for the kit and the shipping is free. The total you will pay is $17.50 for the kit and the shipping.

All you have to do is solve the puzzle first. Your answer must be the first correct answer I receive. The contest starts as soon as I post this notice and ends Sunday May 20Th at noon central time zone. Email your answers to [email protected] I will announce the winner at the end of the contest.

Why would I do this? Because I believe the product has many advantages to the flyers both in safety and in success, and It helps my efforts to have people trying it out and commenting on their experience. This in turn is good for my business and what's good for my business is good for me and in the long run it's good for you as a pretty good cost savings.

Unscramble the letters to reveal three words. Then arrange the words to complete a common phrase.

The letters are:

ERFI GLTHI YM

Order as always through PayPal, you will be charged the full price of $43.00, I will refund $25.50, plus sales tax if applicable within 24 hours of receiving your order.

David Bachelder
DBA QuickBurst

By the way AndrewW was the first lucky winner. His prize leaves here tomorrow morning.

David Bachelder
DBA QuickBurst

Brenton LeBoef won the Word scramble at 2:11 PM just a few minutes ago.

It seems that I have done something improper. My apologies to The Rocketry Forum and its staff.

There will be no more contests by me here on The Rocketry Forum.

Go to my website and enter there. It will be on the Home Page in about an hour.

David Bachelder
DBA QuickBurst

Last edited:
Back