Problems with Sheri's Hot Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

comet

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I started a thread about Sheri's Hot Rockets here in TRF. I ordered one of her kits in April (!) and didn't receive anything so far. :( After Sheri showed up in the thread we had contact until the 3rd of October. Since then I tried to contact her four times but she didn't respond to my emails. I even tried it with two different email addresses - nothing happened. Guys, I need your help. I think some of you know her quite well. What's up with her? Do you think I still have a chance to get my kit? Maybe it's better to open a case on Paypal? I'm sorry to discuss that in a public forum but I've no choice... Thanks for your advice!

I dont know how you fund your pay pal account. But if your going to open a case you best do it fast. There is a window to open a dispute. Once that time frame is gone you will need to file it with your CC company.

After 30 days you should have filed a dispute.

And for the record I have dealt with sherri as a kit supplier and have never had any trouble with her or the products she sells.

Last edited:
After Sheri showed up in the thread we had contact until the 3rd of October.
So, what happened on the 3rd of October?

The only way I would ever buy anything from her is through a vendor that has it in stock. I am not a big fan of making someone wait till the kit is put together for shipping. My feeling is if you want to sell kits then have some in stock so your customers do not have to wait.

And FWIW I agree we never sell anything that we dont have in stock. Keeps things simple.

I dont know how you fund your pay pal account. But if your going to open a case you best do it fast. There is a window to open a dispute. Once that time frame is gone you will need to file it with your CC company.

After 30 days you should have filed a dispute.

And for the record I have dealt with sherri as a kit supplier and have never had any trouble with her or the products she sells.

I ordered on ebay almost seven months :shock: ago. I hope my credit card provider can help me.

So, what happened on the 3rd of October?

She wrote me the following email:
'I thought I did answer your last email, so sorry again. Nozzles will be in next week, so I will be good to go.
Thanks,
Sheri'

I responded one week later:
'Hello Sheri,
Did you already ship my Gemini-Titan?'

So far I didn't get an answer. But IMHO I've a right to find out about an order that was placed more than half a year ago.

The only way I would ever buy anything from her is through a vendor that has it in stock.

I agree with you! Of course I knew that the nozzles are custom made and I accepted it because the kit looks outstanding. The Gemini-Titan is my favorite rocket... :blush: Maybe I shouldn't have trusted her. :(

:pop: I so desperatly want to respond to this post...:neener:...but I've already gotten one warning from Bob on another post..:eek:

The only way I would ever buy anything from her is through a vendor that has it in stock. I am not a big fan of making someone wait till the kit is put together for shipping. My feeling is if you want to sell kits then have some in stock so your customers do not have to wait.

Now I'll take "pre-orders" on kits, basically I'll put a customer on an email list and notify them when the kit is ready but...I won't accept any money until the kits are in my hands and boxed up ready to ship.

That is the ONLY way I'll do it!

I will NOT sell anything I don't have.

Now I'll take "pre-orders" on kits, basically I'll put a customer on an email list and notify them when the kit is ready but...I won't accept any money until the kits are in my hands and boxed up ready to ship.

:clap:

BTW, I'm not the only one with these kind of problems. Just have a look at her ebay profile. There's another guy with the same complaints.

That's the way it should done. Taking your money, and having to wait with bad/no communication isn't the way to do business.

Comet, you ordered this kit seven months ago?? That alone is ridiculous, but poor communication with Sheri for this duration is unbelievable.

You need to talk to your credit card asap, they should be able to help you.

:clap:

BTW, I'm not the only one with these kind of problems. Just have a look at her ebay profile. There's another guy with the same complaints.

Ebay profiles are not much value, feedback these days is useless all you give to a buyer is positive feedback. You can get negged for stupid reasons and have no recourse.

Comet, you ordered this kit seven months ago?? That alone is ridiculous, but poor communication with Sheri for this duration is unbelievable.

You need to talk to your credit card asap, they should be able to help you.

Yeah, it's unbelievable! :jaw: I just hope that I can get my money back. I'm so disappointed... I was looking forward to this kit very much. :(

I agree, as I don't do pre-orders either. You can only buy what I have available on my website.

I'm in the same boat as you Comet...sort of. I won one of her kits as a prize at NSL 2009 back at the end of May. I had 7 days to choose a kit and get back to her.A few days later she did send me a notice that it would be sent out. I've sent her a couple of e-mails since with no response. I understand she has moved back to Hawaii and things do take time.....it's been 5 months for me. Since I have no money into this...I guess I just have to wait.

I'm in the same boat as you Comet...sort of. I won one of her kits as a prize at NSL 2009 back at the end of May. I had 7 days to choose a kit and get back to her.A few days later she did send me a notice that it would be sent out. I've sent her a couple of e-mails since with no response. I understand she has moved back to Hawaii and things do take time.....it's been 5 months for me. Since I have no money into this...I guess I just have to wait.

okay - i win:D
i won a rocket off her in December last year, so i have been waiting longer than anyone. I have recieved emails from her, and i'm sure that she will make good. patience is a virtue.

:cheers: Yes, everybody understands that she was/is busy because of her move to Hawaii. Actually I would accept to wait longer for my rocket if she responded to my messages. But IMHO a serious businessperson (who takes the enormous amount of $270 for one rocket kit) has to offer some kind of customer care.

I understand she has moved back to Hawaii and things do take time.....it's been 5 months for me. Since I have no money into this...I guess I just have to wait.

I'm just guessing but I think that in the time it takes to say, make a new avatar, you could send an email explaining the situation to the customers. But that is just me. The reality is SHR (cjs aviation) has become more known as a conversation piece than a serious rocketry vendor. And speaking of serious.......Dave....please increase your scale line to include the Redstone, Titan and Atlas.....mybe we can get some stimulas money! ;:D

i won a rocket off her in December last year, so i have been waiting longer than anyone. I have recieved emails from her, and i'm sure that she will make good. patience is a virtue.

Yes, patience is a virtue. But I didn't win my model, I bought it for a lot of money...

Yes, patience is a virtue. But I didn't win my model, I bought it for a lot of money...

It's great to have patience, but after seven months with little to no communication it's called theft!

Did you use PayPal directly from your bank account or credit card..?? If credit card call and file a dispute as they are not suppose to charge until shipped...:eyepop: From your bank account well, er file a dispute with PayPal, they will freeze her account until resolved, wont be able to collect from anyone else...If your lucky and she does not respond to PayPal they will take the monies from her bank account, if there is any...
Patience has nothing to do with it at this point.....If anything others have learned from your misfortune....

I think Sheri is active (semi-active?) over on Ye Olde Rocket Forum. I believe it's free to join, free to post. You can probably get some updated info if you ask directly....

BRC and powderburner,
Thanks for your advice! :clap: I sent her a pm on YORF. Didn't know that she's active over there. If there's no answer within this week I'll file a dispute.

BRC and powderburner,
Thanks for your advice! :clap: I sent her a pm on YORF. Didn't know that she's active over there. If there's no answer within this week I'll file a dispute.

I would file a dispute now. After 7 months and you still do not have your item I do not think you will get your item. I would report this to ebay as well.

If you funded this from your bank account you are WAY past the paypal deadline for filing a dispute. You have 60 days. You also pretty much shot yourself in the foot as for Ebay as well there either 45 or 60 days.

Why would you wait this long to file a dispute?

Ebay profiles are not much value, feedback these days is useless all you give to a buyer is positive feedback. You can get negged for stupid reasons and have no recourse.

Works great for Buyers. :neener: ;)

You've waited almost a year for one of those kits at that cost??? Wow.

Patience IS a virtue, but fraud is a crime. I'd have him (you figure it out) in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back