Problems with Sheri's Hot Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, some of these things are just not worth getting your panties in a wad, especially if it is a word like "irregardless" that a language snob wants to condemn, but which is in common usage anyway. I recommend being more selective on the windmills you choose to joust against.

If you're going to fuss over regardless/irregardless, then how about starting with to/too (beats me what is so confusing about that one), or its/it's (a true mystery to many), or their/they're, or your/you're, or moot/mute, or..... aw heck, I have better things to do.

Ummm, Maybe Comet was led to believe up to a month ago that his issue would be resolved. Nothing like a vendor stringing you out till there is no longer a viable/easy way to recover your money.

Maybe he just believed that this once reputable vendor with years of satifactory transactions would come thru for him. The last time this was brought up the vendor was in a move, good excuse for a delay.

Why should he have to bother with PayPal or eBay to resolve this in the first place?? The vendor could have / should have resolved this months ago.

Very bad business practices by this vendor has caused this whole situation. Comet is not by himself, others have the same problem. To put blame on anyone other than the vendor is totally ludicrous.
Other vendors have problems with her. Commonwealth Displays paid her $1000 plus for product it has yet to receive IBTL :0

Ya know, some of these things are just not worth getting your panties in a wad, especially if it is a word like "irregardless" that a language snob wants to condemn, but which is in common usage anyway. I recommend being more selective on the windmills you choose to joust against.

If you're going to fuss over regardless/irregardless, then how about starting with to/too (beats me what is so confusing about that one), or its/it's (a true mystery to many), or their/they're, or your/you're, or moot/mute, or..... aw heck, I have better things to do.

And why the heck does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing instead of the opposite of one another?

And why the heck does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing instead of the opposite of one another?

I have always wondered that. "Hmmm. That truck says inflammable, is it safe to run into it?"

Man, I'll never forget the day I learned flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. :eek:

N

Sheri called me at work today and yelled at me... I hung up and went outside to start a P.I.T.A. R/C gas car... She called back and yelled at my employee and said she was going to sue me or something...

Mike, let it go.

Yeah, I'm with you...

Geez, ya know I've supported Sheri before in the whole Sherigate thing, but after her behavior over on YORF in this last mess, I really wonder WTF is up with some of you guys...

Sheri comes out hysterically 'screaming' at anyone and everyone and gets very vindictive and downright vicious in her comments at folks posting in the YORF thread, going so far as to publically 'call out' the forum owner, make comments about his ex-wife, threaten to stir stuff up by repeating comments supposedly made about other vendors, etc... basically throw a tantrum to deflect any criticism of actions or rather inaction while fundamentally refusing to simply deal with the issue. The whole thing could've been summed up in one twenty-something word post-- "I received the complaint from comet, communicated the situation and the new expected ship-by date, and apologized for the delay. Apparently this matter is solved to our mutual satisfaction." or something along those lines, and maybe add, "any further comment on this matter is solely other's opinions and will not be addressed by me". But, NO, instead of doing something simple and straightforward the situation degrades into a 'hissy-fit' and emotional lambasting of seemingly anyone and everyone.

Then to add to it, others decide to go on a 'crusade' to lambast the OP for not going through PP and the CC or bank MONTHS ago, and continues to slam anybody that offers any other consideration as to why he did or didn't pursue that option. Perhaps he should have, but it's too late now; obviously the money WAS paid for product that WAS NOT delivered, which is the HEART of the issue (and remains validly so) but instead we get diatribes on "shoulda, woulda, coulda's" that weren't done so the BUYER is at fault, and it isn't even coming from the VENDOR IN QUESTION IN THE SITUATION!

I don't get it...

I mean, I've been in business myself, on both sides of the cash register; retail, running the family farms, running my own hay baling business, doing custom work for others on the farm and in the shop, and driving a schoolbus (public service in which your every word and action is questioned and condemned by BOTH sides, parents AND the school, often at the same time!) I KNOW what it's like to deal with unreasonable customers, and I know what it's like to be a customer getting the shaft, and it's always easier to just resolve the issue as best as possible and move on. Condemning the customer with 'shoulda coulda woulda's" doesn't accomplish anything, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S NOT EVEN YOUR OWN CUSTOMER!!!

Geez... the attitudes displayed by the vendors in question here REALLY make me think twice about buying from EITHER of them... One refuses to deliver or communicate with her customer, the other berates a customer over an issue that he isn't even responsible for...

One thing these threads ARE good for is getting to see the true colors of folks you deal with... that in itself is invaluable... knowledge is power!

Let the buyer beware! OL JR :)

Sheri called me at work today and yelled at me... I hung up and went outside to start a P.I.T.A. R/C gas car... She called back and yelled at my employee and said she was going to sue me or something...

During the call did she happen to mention whether or not she gave Comet his money back or shipped the kit?

During the call did she happen to mention whether or not she gave Comet his money back or shipped the kit?

Um, no.. It started calmly, I had no idea who Sheri Ward was (she had a nice voice). Then by the time I figured it out she was in a shrill yelling rant. I said that if she did not give me a chance to speak I would hang up. She did not stop, so I hung up and went back to work. The best part was the expression on my employee's face after she finished cussing and chewing him out when she called back, given that he has no clue about all of this.

You never hear about this happening with model railroading...

Don't feel so bad, I went thru round 1 a few months ago on RP, if you disagree with her, you have to be ready to take the "punches". We are all wrong, she is right........period!!! I like your avatar, I got one of them little guys too.

You never hear about this happening with model railroading...

Oh yeah?? You've never seen some SOB grab the last pack of Bethgon Coalporters that are on sale right before you can get there!!! :D:y::bangbang:

LOL:) OL JR :)

Really!? 4 pages of replies. That chick is trouble. If you get banned from TRF, that's clue #1.

Comet, I'm sorry you didn't your rocket, but this person has caused enough grief for everyone. She is just bad news, irregardless of what she may say. ;)

Sheri comes out hysterically 'screaming' at anyone and everyone and gets very vindictive and downright vicious in her comments at folks posting in the YORF thread, going so far as to publically 'call out' the forum owner, make comments about his ex-wife,:)

Actually, the forum owner is a different "Scott"... I'm not THAT guy:D

written to rokitflite:
So is there a chance we'll get to see your caboose ?
Maybe it would look like this? :)

- George Gassaway

Caboose.jpg

I had no idea who Sheri Ward was (she had a nice voice).

Then by the time I figured it out she was in a shrill yelling rant.

she did not give me a chance to speak I She did not stop

she finished

when she called back,
QUOTE]

Ok, since you said "she" 5 times in the post, I take it, it is now firmly established there is indeed a woman named Sheri, at Sheri's Hot Rockets? Not a man, a woman.

;)

Verna
www.vernarockets.com

I have no doubt that things occurred in the past with Sheri that was discrimination. But, that does not mean that is a “Free Pass” as an excuse for her behavior.

When it comes down to buying (or selling) rockets (or really anything else in life) then what does it matter about the sex of who is making/selling the kits (or their race, nationality, religion, astrological sign, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.)?

What if I said Sheri didn’t like someone here because of his race? It would be an outright lie for me to say that (because I have no actual reason to think so), but that makes as much sense as for Sheri making a blanket statement that people are against her because she is a woman, instead of what she’s done with her company (good or bad), or messages she posted.

It comes down to whether the company has good products, timely delivery, and to some extent, customer service (in theory one could have poor customer service but still make it by delivering good product on-time. Sort of like a camera store in New York City I called many years ago, before the internet - terribly rude phone manners but good prices and fast delivery made up for it. Though I never bothered to make a second order with them.....the rudeness stuck out more long-term than the good price did).

Make an order to Semroc at 11:30 AM, and your order might be in the mail by 2:30 PM (That was the case of an order I made in late May, shipped in less than 3 hours). And gee, the person who actually processes, fills, and ships the order often is a woman (Carl’s wife). And, if for any reason Semroc was unable to deliver any part of the order, guess what, Semroc will let you know that as fast as possible. Now, a lot of the other companies out there also have great service and delivery, I mention Semroc since I’ve never had an order processed THAT fast before.

When things go very badly from a company’s delivery times, communications is bad, and/or the customer service ends up striking out at the customer base, that’s not the problem of the customer base, it’s the company’s problem.

If the owner of the company chooses to post things they know will cause problems on a forum, but do it for the sake of just stirring things up, then that owner has no excuse to complain when they are punished in some manner, including removal from the forum.

Has not one “darned” thing with WHO that person is, man or woman, or anything else, but consequences for their actions.

I gave Sheri the benefit of the doubt for a long time. 2 months or so back, when a person was making private messages to various TRF members asking for help with a non-delivered order from Sheri, I merely forwarded it to the moderators so they would know about someone sending such private messages, I did not post it publicly as that person probably wanted me (and others) to do.

But the purposeful “stirring the pot” she did last month, that got her banned from TRF after so many warnings before, that was the last straw for me being neutral, because of the blatant hypocrisy of it all (posting an avatar on TRF she knew would not be allowed, then complained elsewhere about it. Showing what it was, but did NOT use that provocative avatar as her actual avatar on the other rocket forums). And the posts she made Tuesday on YORF blaming everyone else, and trying to play the “everyone is biased against me because I am a woman” card just confirmed it.

Maybe a few have reacted badly to her because she is a woman, and if so, that is sad. But the vast majority of the negative reactions she has gotten has not been because she is a woman, but either how she has behaved, or that for whatever excuses, there have been multiple reports of kits not received. It’s not a woman thing. It’s a manufacturer dropping the ball thing, and also a behavior on the forums thing.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Maybe a few have reacted badly to her because she is a woman, and if so, that is sad. But the vast majority of the negative reactions she has gotten has not been because she is a woman, but either how she has behaved, or that for whatever excuses, there have been multiple reports of kits not received. It’s not a woman thing. It’s a manufacturer dropping the ball thing, and also a behavior on the forums thing.

- George Gassaway

Well said, sir.

Make an order to Semroc at 11:30 AM, and your order might be in the mail by 2:30 PM (That was the case of an order I made in late May, shipped in less than 3 hours). And gee, the person who actually processes, fills, and ships the order often is a woman (Carl’s wife). And, if for any reason Semroc was unable to deliver any part of the order, guess what, Semroc will let you know that as fast as possible. Now, a lot of the other companies out there also have great service and delivery, I mention Semroc since I’ve never had an order processed THAT fast before.

Jim Flis is that quick, as well. I once ordered something in the evening. The next morning, I asked Jim to add something to it. I got two boxes, because the first was already boxed, labeled and gone.

But the important part of all of this is...How does a vendor treat you when things go wrong? It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when they go wrong, especially if you do lots of orders.

I've ordered numerous times from Pratt Hobbies; one time, my order was taking forever to get delivered, and Doug wasn't answering emails. After a couple weeks, I got a reply from him, with an apology and an explanation of what had happened (combination of day job and family getting a nasty flu), as well as a time by which my order would ship. Problem solved; Doug handled it well.

I've had problems arise with other vendors, as well. Never once had one that didn't work with me to resolve the problem in a timely fashion.

I watch for threads like these, and I read 'em. What vendors say, how they respond to customer issues (whether their own, or someone elses) speaks volumes. My willingness to do business with them is based on that.

There are a lot of really good people out there, many of which are small vendors. I'll use Rokitflite as an example -- Scott does limited runs and keeps his customers informed about availability. I've never seen anything but good things in terms of how he treats his customers. That, coupled with cool kits, will earn my business....once the stars align and he has stock and I have available cash. He's not the only one; he's just the one I used as an example.

Carl & Sheryl at Semroc? Thumbs up. Jim Flis? Thumbs up. The list continues...

-Kevin

Sort of like a camera store in New York City I called many years ago, before the internet - terribly rude phone manners but good prices and fast delivery made up for it. Though I never bothered to make a second order with them.....the rudeness stuck out more long-term than the good price did).

Most of the NY camera/telescope/electronics stores are just like that. I found one that was reasonable and have stuck with them because they were decent, even though their prices are a few bucks higher. As for the rest of your post...:clap:

Man, I'll never forget the day I learned flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. :eek:

The word "cleave" is another funny one. It has conflicting definitions:

> To split with or as if with a sharp instrument.
> To adhere, cling, or stick fast.

Anyway, I really like the Saturn V kit I got from Sheri. I hope she can get her act together. She needs to assemble the kits and have them available for sale before she advertises them. If that means charging a little more, that's fine. They are unique and interesting kits and people will pay a little more for them if they are confident they will actually receive what they order.

-- Roger

Anyway, I really like the Saturn V kit I got from Sheri. I hope she can get her act together. She needs to assemble the kits and have them available for sale before she advertises them.
-- Roger

There's no doubt about it, she has very nice kits. I'm not saying this because I feel sorry for her. The only ones I feel sorry for are the individuals/vendors that have not recieved what has been long ago paid for or won.

If a manufacturer wishes to produce kits on a one at a time as ordered basis, then that manufacturer should wait until the item is ready for shipping and then bill the customer. Manufacturer can wait till payment clears, send out the kit. Also any kits promised as prizes should be in hand.

Jim Flis is that quick, as well. I once ordered something in the evening. The next morning, I asked Jim to add something to it. I got two boxes, because the first was already boxed, labeled and gone.

A little off-topic, but I have to relate the most amazing delivery time: If you order from Digi-key by 8 PM Central time, you can have your parts on your doorstep 9 AM the next day. Not shipped out the next morning, arrived the next morning. :eyepop: I rarely pay the $40 shipping for that, but when I need it that fast, $40 for that kind of speed is a bargain.

If a manufacturer wishes to produce kits on a one at a time as ordered basis, then that manufacturer should wait until the item is ready for shipping and then bill the customer.

I've always felt the "build to order" business model was a poor choice for kit makers.

A little off-topic, but I have to relate the most amazing delivery time: If you order from Digi-key by 8 PM Central time, you can have your parts on your doorstep 9 AM the next day. Not shipped out the next morning, arrived the next morning. :eyepop: I rarely pay the $40 shipping for that, but when I need it that fast, $40 for that kind of speed is a bargain.

I've had McMaster-Carr deliver almost that fast (3 PM order at my door by 10 AM the next day) without any special arrangements, though my most recent orders both took over a full day. Still pretty amazing in my book. Digikey and Mouser both also seem amazingly fast to me even without the special arrangements.

Quite a different world from the old "order from Estes in spring if you want to fly it that summer" days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back