Problems with Sheri's Hot Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've waited almost a year for one of those kits at that cost??? Wow.

Patience IS a virtue, but fraud is a crime. I'd have him (you figure it out) in court.

i didn't pay anything for it, it was a prize in a competition. Still it would have been nice to have the saturn V, it looks a great kit.

i didn't pay anything for it, it was a prize in a competition. Still it would have been nice to have the saturn V, it looks a great kit.

Here is another thing we will not do. If we are giving something for a prize the prize is given to the people running the comp/launch. This way the prize can be given on the spot and the winner does not have to wait for me to ship it to them.

Here is another thing we will not do. If we are giving something for a prize the prize is given to the people running the comp/launch. This way the prize can be given on the spot and the winner does not have to wait for me to ship it to them.

The competition was on EMRR, it was the 2008 challenge, and i came first/got gold!:), Nick gets the prize donors to post to the winners, mainly because this cuts down on the postage costs, as everything goes through the post. in may case three years ago, it was a UK vendor that gave the prize, so it saved shipping to the states and then shipping back again. i guess where the prize is given out at a launch meeting than what you do is by far the best system.

The competition was on EMRR, it was the 2008 challenge, and i came first/got gold!:), Nick gets the prize donors to post to the winners, mainly because this cuts down on the postage costs, as everything goes through the post. in may case three years ago, it was a UK vendor that gave the prize, so it saved shipping to the states and then shipping back again. i guess where the prize is given out at a launch meeting than what you do is by far the best system.

Well I feel if you are going to hold a comp and give prizes away you better have the prizes in hand no matter if it is a online comp or at a launch. Advertising a prize that you do not have to me is false advertisement. Just because someone says they will send the prize to the winner does not mean it will happen. Just look at what happened to you. You spend the time to compete and won but you got nothing for your winning. Where as if the prizes where sent to Nick then it is one him to get them to the winners. Having to many links in the chain is just asking for more chances of something going wrong.

Oh ok, I thought you had paid and were still waiting. Sadly there's not much you can do about that situation but hope. Good luck... to all of you waiting. :(

Well I feel if you are going to hold a comp and give prizes away you better have the prizes in hand no matter if it is a online comp or at a launch. Advertising a prize that you do not have to me is false advertisement. Just because someone says they will send the prize to the winner does not mean it will happen. Just look at what happened to you. You spend the time to compete and won but you got nothing for your winning. Where as if the prizes where sent to Nick then it is one him to get them to the winners. Having to many links in the chain is just asking for more chances of something going wrong.

I suppose that she is still gaining from the free advertising on Nick's site, and looks to be quite generous. Now i think about it, i wish i'd have come second, or third. but i do generally take part in Nick's yearly challenges just for the sake of taking part, and not the prizes, although they are an added bonus.

Well, normally I wouldn't promise something I didn't have, but I'm not normal. Go ahead, ask my wife.

Anyway, as Matt Gillard will attest, he's been waiting on me for a prize for a couple months now. The instructions are being printed by my local printing company and then I ship.

It really is taking a big chance accepting an order for or promising a prize in the form of something not in stock. I'm paying for making that promise in the form of damage to my credibility... Well, what's left anyway. :cyclops:

N

holy @*#~! A $300 rocket? I understand that you would pay that much for your favourite model rocket(I would if I could), but 7 months or whatever is unacceptable. File some sort of complaint. RIGHT NOW. You should get your rocket in the end, if nothing else. Complaining is free. Doing nothing costs $300.
All the best,
Tom:2:

Well, normally I wouldn't promise something I didn't have, but I'm not normal. Go ahead, ask my wife.

Anyway, as Matt Gillard will attest, he's been waiting on me for a prize for a couple months now. The instructions are being printed by my local printing company and then I ship.

It really is taking a big chance accepting an order for or promising a prize in the form of something not in stock. I'm paying for making that promise in the form of damage to my credibility... Well, what's left anyway. :cyclops:

N

First Flight offered their first rocket from the first production run, so i have not really been waiting for a couple of months, i knew when i chose their prize that it would be a while, as the rocket was still in production and their comunications have been fantastic it letting me know how things are progressing.

I was just on her CJS Aviation website and it says that they are experiencing a huge backlog of orders due to the move. Further, it warns you not to place an order unless you are willing to wait 8-12 weeks for shipment. That time frame may be too optimistic in light of what people here are reporting. I do hope Sheri's rocket company is not falling victim to what has happened to some other small operations where they get overwhelmed and just can't keep up. (PD Rocketry, anyone?) It would be a shame because her scale models are top notch and among the best out there. I had hoped to one day get one of her Gemini Titans so we'll see what happens, hopefully she can rally..

Glenn

If you funded this from your bank account you are WAY past the paypal deadline for filing a dispute. You have 60 days. You also pretty much shot yourself in the foot as for Ebay as well there either 45 or 60 days.

Why would you wait this long to file a dispute?

I know. It was a mistake to wait seven months.
Well, I trusted her...
1. because in the offer on ebay it was written that you've to wait (nozzles!).
2. because on her website it is written that you've to wait.
3. because I thought her business is serious.
4. because her feedback on ebay was ok when I ordered.
5. because I read a lot of positive things about her business.
6. because she explained the delay with her move to Hawaii. I believed that because others in this forum confirmed the move.
7. because she responded to my emails after I started the first thread about her on TRF.
8. because I was credulous.

7 months or whatever is unacceptable

:clap:

File some sort of complaint. RIGHT NOW. You should get your rocket in the end, if nothing else. Complaining is free. Doing nothing costs $300.
All the best,
Tom

Thanks, Tom! I think you're right. I'm going to talk to ebay, paypal, and my bank/cc tomorrow.

This would scare the $#!~ out of me if I were you....

"No longer a registered user"

Ohhhh yes, it scared me... :eek:

Patience IS a virtue, but fraud is a crime.

Moreover it's an easy way to finance a move from Arizona to Hawaii.

I was just on her CJS Aviation website and it says that they are experiencing a huge backlog of orders due to the move. Further, it warns you not to place an order unless you are willing to wait 8-12 weeks for shipment. That time frame may be too optimistic in light of what people here are reporting. I do hope Sheri's rocket company is not falling victim to what has happened to some other small operations where they get overwhelmed and just can't keep up. (PD Rocketry, anyone?) It would be a shame because her scale models are top notch and among the best out there. I had hoped to one day get one of her Gemini Titans so we'll see what happens, hopefully she can rally..

'8-12 weeks'... LOL:roll:Substitute the word 'weeks' for 'months' (or 'years' :p) My problem is not the time. I just can't stand the fact that she doesn't care for her customers at all.

Well I think this is a pretty typical case of a small-time vendor getting in over their head. I think everyone of the vendors here can attest to the fact that vending is a full time job and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise (unless your stuff stinks). There are several vendors out there that limit the production to keep availability realistic. However, having said that, there is no excuse for the lack of P8.....prior proper planning prevents patheticly poor performance.......

Last edited:
I think saying anything her about her and her company is rather a waste of time, since she's banned anyways, because she defended herself. Oh, and her icon wasn't in accordance with TRF policy. (IMHO, it wasn't that bad. But then, I got a warning for one too, so...)

If it's any consolation, I came in second and waited until August this year for my prize, though I'm delighted with it (6 different BB scale kits). Heck, I was actually hoping for them over the gold prize anyway.

At first I wondered whether the overseas shipping might be part of the issue (Gillard is in the UK, and comet is in Germany, and Sheri is in... Hawaii), but it really sounds like it is a production issue. She really should be communicating with both of you much more regularly to give you updates on the status of your orders. A long delay in fulfilling an order is frustrating enough, but when there is also no communication, the customer is just left hanging, with no way of knowing what is going on. A lot of grief can be avoided by a simple email message every once in awhile. Even if they think it is annoying, embarrassing or just time-consuming, vendors really need to keep talking to their customers.

MarkII

One thing I've noticed about many business like hers is that they'll get behind on fulfilling orders yet still keep their website active so that more victims can still order from them.

Hard to feel sorry for someone who has enough time to take money yet not enough time to get the product out the door.

... there is no excuse for the lack of P8.....prior proper planning prevents patheticly poor performance.......
I count only seven P's... unless 'proper' counts for two. :confused:

Say what? She's playing the victim in my opinion. She also makes no attempt to apologize for the lack of communication for the last seven months. I see nothing professional in her response at all, sorry.

Well then... There you have it! You obviously don't have what it takes to be a rocket manufacturer!

Well then... There you have it! You obviously don't have what it takes to be a rocket manufacturer!

I get it now, sorry I was slow this morning when I read your first post.

You got me, and normally I'm the sarcastic one...:D

I think saying anything her about her and her company is rather a waste of time, since she's banned anyways, because she defended herself. Oh, and her icon wasn't in accordance with TRF policy. (IMHO, it wasn't that bad. But then, I got a warning for one too, so...)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it somewhat unsporting to bash her in a forum in which she has been banned. I don't agree with a lot of how she has handled the situation, but it only seems fair to complain over here or other places where at least she is allowed to respond.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it somewhat unsporting to bash her in a forum in which she has been banned. I don't agree with a lot of how she has handled the situation, but it only seems fair to complain over here or other places where at least she is allowed to respond.
Well said. :clap:

...and this is a family forum? I am looking around but do not see it.
Children are reading this, correct?

Your opinion should be heard, but, should we speak this way around Children?

Well said. :clap:

...and this is a family forum? I am looking around but do not see it.
Children are reading this, correct?

Your opinion should be heard, but, should we speak this way around Children?

You are, of course, always welcome to report any post that feel is offensive or outside the boundaries of this forum.

You are, of course, always welcome to report any post that feel is offensive or outside the boundaries of this forum.
John,

I do not expect you to moderate the behavior of ADULTS who visit this FAMILY forum. But, I do however expect adults to moderate themselves.

Why is it that CHILDREN are even able to access anything about Mid or High Power Rocketry? Shouldn't there be limited access for minors to access any of this material???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back