Problem with Quest's web site.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana

Reaction score
I keep getting this error when I go to Quest's site:

quest.jpg

If I root around in the bowels of my P.C. and delete all the cookies from Quest it will work for a while but after some time I get the message again. If I click on the link it I just get the same screen.

Any Ideas?

What browser and what cookie settings? Looks like they're using a session cookie and you're either not setup to accept it or you're not saving it for the entire session. (normally have a 5 to 15 minute time-out)

-Aaron

No problem here, either. I can navigate around their site just fine.

FYI, I use Firefox and XP.

Aaron, I'm using IE7 with automatic handling of cookies.

I just changed settings to allow session cookies and it's working.

Aaron, I'm using IE7 with automatic handling of cookies.

I just changed settings to allow session cookies and it's working.

No wonder. I've always hated IE and think it's a worthless browser. I use it only the rare occassion I'm forced to.

This IS my work pc. The monitor on my desktop here at home finally gave up the ghost. I do use FF on that one.

I do have admin rights on this pc, but have not downloaded firefox yet.

Thank you Aaron!

No wonder. I've always hated IE and think it's a worthless browser. I use it only the rare occassion I'm forced to.

I use Firefox, and I used to use Netscape, but support was pulled. I tried the new browser Flock (next gen Netscape, I think), and it has some nice features. I have it set to open all the forums, Photobucket, and a Google window all at once. So far the experience is very positive.

I only use IE if I REALLY have a problem, and need to go back to a "Windows default" position. That has not been required for a long time.

I use Firefox 99.9% of the time. I, too, previously used Netscape until support ceased. That's when I switched to FF. I have not tried Flock.

I use IE only when I need to access a MS site or for the very few other sites that only work with IE.

If I root around in the bowels of my P.C. and delete all the cookies from Quest it will work for a while but after some time I get the message again. If I click on the link it I just get the same screen.

Any Ideas?

That "bug" has been an issue with their site for well over a year; the site works OK in IE but not in other browsers on Mac or Linux.

The "solution" is to quit the browser and relaunch and all is well, until the site times you out....

Personally, I'll take this error over the problems of a couple weeks back.

Cheers,
Jon

View attachment 55591

Any Ideas?

it is not a "problem". They designed it to time you out if you sit there too long. The assumption is that you will visit it once and order stuff. But, some of us visit it early in the day and then return an hour or two later for other info, and we can;t get in since we "timed out".

You can get in again by launching a new browser window. you can leave the original window open, but you can only get in through the new window where the clock has started over.

Back