Problem with Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinker

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone else having any problems with Estes? I placed an order during the super sale they had, and they shorted me a Booster-60. I called Customer Service on Thursday and again on Monday and left messages and I still have not heard a word from them. Is this normal? Penrose is only an hour away do I have to park myself at their front door?

Tinker

Estes's customer service department has a great reputation.

Last year I e-mailed them about a kit that had a problem, and they sent me a replacement.

I would suggest you check the invoice from your order. A lot of times those sales are close-outs. So the booster might have been sold out, rather than being left out of the box. So, see if the invoice lists it as being shipped, or whatever.

Last edited:
I just e-mailed Christine this morning about a Bulk Pack that had a double helping of A8-3's and no C6-5's. She responded this afternoon and let me know that two packs of C6-5s are on their way to me. As I understand it, they do usually have a very quick turn-around and are really helpful/generous when if comes to making things right with the customer.

I'd suggest an e-mail. Perhaps their voice mail is a bit backed up?

I often wonder when I see a "Quick on the Draw" post about service or what-not. I wonder if people hold themselves and live their lives to the same standards they expect from everyone else.
And it ALWAYS reminds me of days ago..ya know..the days of 4-6 weeks delivery time was the norm and you snail mailed your order to one of two venders..Centuri or Estes.

I often wonder when I see a "Quick on the Draw" post about service or what-not. I wonder if people hold themselves and live their lives to the same standards they expect from everyone else.

I don't in any way consider calling and leaving a detailed message on Thursday, waiting until mid afternoon on Monday calling again, leaving a similar polite message, waiting until Tuesday mid day, and asking if anyone else was having trouble before I took further action, 'quick on the draw'. I would avoid any retailer who thought returning phone calls a week later was ok as a normal business practice.

I am hoping by the majority of the posts that this is an aberration, and that it will be cleared up shortly. In the future, if you don't like my queries, please just scroll on.......

Tinker

I don't in any way consider calling and leaving a detailed message on Thursday, waiting until mid afternoon on Monday calling again, leaving a similar polite message, waiting until Tuesday mid day, and asking if anyone else was having trouble before I took further action, 'quick on the draw'. I would avoid any retailer who thought returning phone calls a week later was ok as a normal business practice.

I am hoping by the majority of the posts that this is an aberration, and that it will be cleared up shortly. In the future, if you don't like my queries, please just scroll on.......

Tinker
In the furture ,Ill post what I want where I want.

Estes' customer service is top notch if you have a problem but a lot of the issues could be avoided if the quality control in the Chinese factory that produces their kits was just a little bit better.

I have unfortunately had a few issues with the last couple kits I bought. Mostly crunched tubes from inadequate packaging and in my first Mercury Redstone kit, I was shorted one piece for the escape tower and was given a duplicate of another piece for the tower.

The Star Orbiter kit I bought had the centering rings missing but I just sucked it up and ordered the correct size rings from Balsa Machining Services.

I am not bashing Estes by any means but issues like these really need to be brought up sometimes.:wink:

Speaking of ignorant, why can't you ignore responses you don't like rather than attempting to force others to not post?

As the OP, I have an interest in keeping the thread on topic (was the experience I was having with Estes the norm or not). His post not only did not deal with the topic but made an attempt to steer the conversation towards how I handle my personal affairs when considering how to deal with being shorted product all in a slightly insulting manner. I don't see how asking him to please refrain from making non-relevant, mildly insulting comments on questions that I pose is poor form. He replied in essence saying he will continue to be rude and distracting when he cares to be. I reflected on what I thought his behavior demonstrated. (I probably shouldn't have)

If you don't feel its ok to ask people not to make distracting, non-relevant comments on your posts, I guess we will just agree to disagree.......

Tinker

As requested by some, an update on resolution. After sending a polite email very early on Weds morning and not hearing anything by Monday noon, I called again and left another message. I received an email reply at 5pm saying they would ship the missing item N/C. I inquired about purchasing some more items to make the shipping less of a waste since the item is small. (Booster-60)

I guess I am happy at the final outcome, but annoyed it took 3 calls and an email over 10 days to get any sort of response from Estes.

(I stopped to help a broken down motorist on Saturday on Hwy 50, and when he got going, I looked across the road and it was Estes! I never really knew exactly where it was since they have no store or tours, so it didn't matter.)

Tinker

Estes sent three Booster-60 instead of one. Cudos to them for over-satisfying after their error. The Lady Janice I had email contact with was very nice.

Tinker

Back