Pro38 Bulletin - Forward Closure Failures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have our first batch of replacement forward closures .
I am in the process of dispersing them to our local dealers now.
they should hit the streets in the next week or so.
Thank you

I finally broke down and opened the three 38mm CTI motors I ordered from Apogee on 7/1/2016. Having three closures to compare, it was OBVIOUS that one of them was not like the others. I wiped each of them down with a damp and soapy paper towel, only one was still slippery afterwards. The surface is also completely different. The best way I can describe it is that is looks like it is completely covered with fingerprints. That is what the photo in the press release is trying to show. The motor is a Green and dated September 2015, so again, the stamped date is MEANINGLESS in diagnosing this issue. Open it up and look at it. To me, it was easy to see.

Anyone have any suggestions for my situation?

I got all of my Pro 38 motors through a group order that was placed through AMW. However, I do not have any order information likes the order date.

Should I just email AMW?

Anyone have any suggestions for my situation?

I got all of my Pro 38 motors through a group order that was placed through AMW. However, I do not have any order information likes the order date.

Should I just email AMW?
Yes they had my order on file.

We just finished updating the web site with the CTI order we just received. So stock levels reflect what we have on the shelf. Now to update the in stock Rocketry Warehouse kits. And don't forget we have what seems like thousands of replacement 38mm delays

IMPORTANT Pro38 delay info.
We have had a few inquires about delay replacement and people were concerned if they bought them from us or not.
As the largest CTI dealer we are replacing any suspect delays regardless of were you purchased them. We want to resolve this situation and helping the flier is what we strive for.

I Think I'll bring my Pro38 motors (bought from AMW during the problem time frame) to the Aug 22, 2016 MDRA launch for you to check. I hope there will be time to do that because I know you plan to Launch the big Patriot Missile that day as well.

We have had a few inquires about delay replacement and people were concerned if they bought them from us or not.
As the largest CTI dealer we are replacing any suspect delays regardless of were you purchased them. We want to resolve this situation and helping the flier is what we strive for.

This is very gracious! I sent an email yesterday and if you are replacing the delay's from all vendor I need to add another to my list.

Awesome news, Robert. What if we bought the loads at a launch.....but won't be going to another launch for a year? Are you keeping track of who needs delays, or is shipping them an option?

-Rich

What is the best way to get a hold of you? I have sent an email and PM with no reply?

AMW (Gloria & Robert) inspected all 12 of my Pro38 closures on Aug 21 using an actual bad closure for comparison - half of them were replaced even one I thought previously was ok.

I'm glad I made the effort to have them check them...

Back