• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Pro Dat Drill

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have an extra "Drill" part of the CTI Pro Dat tool? If not can someone give me some measurements so I can print a new one? Mine went missing and I am afraid that it fell on the ground at a rocket launch and got left and lost there. I hate to have to buy a new tool.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Interesting, AFAIK, the "drill" portion is metal, no? Would you make a plastic replacement? I'd be interested in one 'o' those. I can get measures later in p.m. today. Maybe your are talking about the cap/well where the delay sits? Most likely.

Anyone happen to have an extra "Drill" part of the CTI Pro Dat tool? If not can someone give me some measurements so I can print a new one? Mine went missing and I am afraid that it fell on the ground at a rocket launch and got left and lost there. I hate to have to buy a new tool.

Thanks a lot
Which one, 38 mm or 54 mm. I have both and can get you some measurements later today.
It is a hardened steel drill bit. I wouldn’t expect a plastic replacement to be a very good replacement.

The 38mm version. I can 3D print something I can epoxy a drill bit into. Thanks.
I got distracted and forgot to do this yesterday. I’ll definitely do it today and I’m sorry to you and for myself. It would have been easier yesterday because we picked up five inches of heavy wet snow overnight and I’ll have to stand in it to dig this out.

Here’s a rough shot at it:

00B674FC-FE9B-4A2F-8F58-38762E59B4CE.jpeg

Outside diameter of the “knob” is 41mm. Inside the depressions it‘s 37mm. Knob portion is 9mm thick. Portion which engages the slots in the outer body of the tool is 5mm thick and 10mm above the knob’s lower plane (not counting the depression on the underside). The boss holding the drill is ~12mm in diameter. The drill projects 24mm above the boss and is 6.25mm in diameter. Hopefully that will get you in the ballpark.

Hopefully Steve hasn’t already been standing in the snow to get at his delay tool.

Here’s a rough shot at it:

View attachment 577129

Outside diameter of the “knob” is 41mm. Inside the depressions it‘s 37mm. Knob portion is 9mm thick. Portion which engages the slots in the outer body of the tool is 5mm thick and 10mm above the knob’s lower plane (not counting the depression on the underside). The boss holding the drill is ~12mm in diameter. The drill projects 24mm above the boss and is 6.25mm in diameter. Hopefully that will get you in the ballpark.

Hopefully Steve hasn’t already been standing in the snow to get at his delay tool.
You saved me!

I needed to go outside anyway. What a strange but beautiful spring day. There were angleworms and dandelions amongst the snow.
IMG_3014.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3012.jpeg
    IMG_3012.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Well, between the two of us, he should have plenty of detail for doing a 3D printed substitute for the plastic part.

Yup, snow and blooming dandelions. It’s been that kind of spring, hasn’t it?

Might as well print out one of these while you're at it. I've made extensive use of it, and it works.

Attachments

• CTI 1 Second delay spacer.stl
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
Did some more paying around with Fusion 360 making up a few more adapters.

Pro29 Adapter
Pro24 Adapter
Aerotech 54mm Delay Adapter
Aerotech 18mm - 38mm Delay Adapter
Pro Dat Adapters.jpg

Attachments

• Aerotech 18-38mm ProDat.stl
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Aerotech 54mm ProDat.stl
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Pro24 Adapter.stl
    672.6 KB · Views: 0