Private Messages and the "SENT" list?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I know this is probably "operator error" but still....

Why is it when I return a message (not a thread but a message) on TRF, that when I bring up the "sent items" section, it doesn't show up?

MarkABrown

Reaction score
On Private Messages, there is a checkbox below the send message button that needs to be checked on to save a copy in the Sent Items folder. We used to have it checked on by default but, every user has a limited amount of "profile" space. Since most people didn't even know that they had this space, the messages just built up until the space was full and then you couldn't receive anymore PM's. Milo defaulted the checkbox to off about 2 years ago. I know all this because it annoys me too and I've checked to see if there was a way to configure that property on a per user basis. Unfortunately, there is no way with the current version of the forum software without writing some code to do it. I'm hoping with the next version, we'll be able to configure it per user because I always forget to check that box before I hit Send.

jflis

Reaction score
A version of this forum that I used to administer had a feature where you could set it up so that any PM that you sent was automatically copied to your email address.

Frankly, I do not know if this was a feature of the tool or if it was a feature that we *added* to the tool, but if it does exist, it could be a clean solution...

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by jflis
A version of this forum that I used to administer had a feature where you could set it up so that any PM that you sent was automatically copied to your email address.

Frankly, I do not know if this was a feature of the tool or if it was a feature that we *added* to the tool, but if it does exist, it could be a clean solution...
It sure would be useful. I'm sure your inbox get full quicker than most. Answering items and keeping track of them would be easier.