Private Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TALON

Reaction score
A rocket friend and myself was going to fly at the DARS HP Launch in Corsicana, TX last Sat. When it was canceled we were leaning on going to the ASA Launch in Waco. But I was being enticed to see and old friend who lives out at Mt. Pleasant on Sat. with the chance to see the new (not open to the public, YET) Mid America Flight Museum. Then my boss told me that I have to use vacation time, I decided to take off Friday and fly a few birds at a field we have permission to fly at. My Big Berth had 2 successful flights on C6-5, my Estes D-Region Tomahawk on a AT E20-7 SU suffered a Shock Chord failure and the body was never recovered :mad: along with the AP retainer :dark: But I did have a great flight with my Ventris on a AT G40-7 SU :cool: approximately 1500 ft. with a successful recovery:)
My friend T-Mack had a great flight on his scratch built Porker on a AT G80 to about 3000 ft. :cool:

226_0032 r.jpg226_0072 r.jpg226_0096r.jpg226_0098r.jpgr226_0050.jpgr226_0051.jpg

Then on Saturday, my friend pulled some strings and had one of the top guys at the Mid America Flight Museum open up the hangars and I got a personnel tour of the facility. If you are into warbirds/antique aircraft, then this is a must see museum, when it opens. Check out their website:

https://www.midamericaflightmuseum.org/

226_0013r.jpg226_0016r.jpgr226_0008rc.jpgr226_0017.jpg

Hey Nick, don't ya just love it when a plan comes together! :cheers:

Wow! Rockets and old airplanes ! You boys hit the jackpot. I don't mean to be greedy but any more shots of Marines Dream ? Those 3-tone Pacific theater paint jobs are the coolest.

Wow! Rockets and old airplanes ! You boys hit the jackpot. I don't mean to be greedy but any more shots of Marines Dream ? Those 3-tone Pacific theater paint jobs are the coolest.

Sorry Sam, just the image from behind & the nose art. Yeh 3-tone is cool, the Corsair is a FG-1, the G indicating that Goodyear built this aircraft. With the F4-U the U indicates that it was built by Vought. F4-F, F6-F, the last F is for Grumman. The Mid America Flight Museum FG-1 is panted in Ken Walsh's Corsair markings, and from the time frame of June to September 43. I know this because the stars & bars are outlined in red. Hopefully I will be getting a lot more images of the "whistling death" & of it flying:cool:

Any idea when the museum might open ?

No hard date. They are in the process of finishing up a new massive "Main Hanger"! I would guess, no later than mid summer.

Back