Printing Waterslide Decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurAstroCam

Reaction score
I found a couple of sheets of "retro" Estes decals on the Ye Old Rocket Shoppe site. Let me start by saying I do not have a printer at home, nor do I want one. Are there any print shops, or places like Staples or Office Max, that I could take those files to, and have them print on the right materials to do water slide decals? Without having them look at me like I am insane?

Printing on Waterslide paper is no big deal. Inkjet will look the best and require clear-coating; a print shop may only support laser. Make sure to use the correct type of decal paper.

Be aware of whether you need white-backed or clear-backed paper, and whether the artwork is of proper quality to print (specifically: make sure all background areas are pure white or transparent.)

I have printed decals before. The quality of your print will depend on, among other things, the quality of the scan or artwork.

I generally prefer just getting them directly from the manufacturer for this reason, only printing as a last resort. Or going for vinyl or self-stick decals, which you can purchase and have shipped to you from sites like stickershock23.

I have printed decals before. The quality of your print will depend on, among other things, the quality of the scan or artwork.

I generally prefer just getting them directly from the manufacturer for this reason, only printing as a last resort. Or going for vinyl or self-stick decals, which you can purchase and have shipped to you from sites like stickershock23.
Which would be great. But I don't think that is really an option when you want vintage Estes decals.

What would you like to print, can you share here, just a logo or full decal set for some kit?

If you have a scan I can try to print it. Just got an alps printer a few days ago, it's a small one, should be a good item for practice.

I'd check at shipping stores/copy centers like Fedex, UPS - I've taken flash drives in and had stuff printed out. You may be able to take in your own decal paper?? Good luck

Back