Price Of Kevlar?? Gone UP?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have I was talking to my supplier and was told the biggest company bought out the second biggest that is why the cost went up. He also said that he has to wait to see what happens with the stuff they will handle. He did put some away in his office for future orders for me.

Originally posted by rocket trike
I have I was talking to my supplier and was told the biggest company bought out the second biggest that is why the cost went up. He also said that he has to wait to see what happens with the stuff they will handle. He did put some away in his office for future orders for me.

Yea, but a 70% increase?

Originally posted by stymye
what about thread exchange?

Actually...that's what I'm talking about. He's been a great supply and I ordered some stuff from him tonight then went to the basement and found an invoice from a couple of months back. everything is going through the roof. I e-mailed him tonight to see what the deal is. What do you do? You have to have it. For 3600 feet, it doesn't amount to much per foot but still, it's just one more piece of the kit "puzzle" for pricing.

This is who I use to. I did found out that he had a large amount on spool for me and it was cheaper then what I was getting before. I am talking that I am getting 6900 feet at a time. But I know that his price has gone up and I just looked there and it looks like the price has gone up more since a month ago when I did my last order.

My supplier has not gone up that much. You are talking the thread stuff.

Just thread. And it doesn't seem to matter what size either.

Tom...I just PM'd you. Check your inbox.

Try a manufacturer instead of a wholesaler?

syntheticthread.com

There's also a bucketload of makers from China and elsewhere.

Back