PR Mongoose 38 or 54 Rocksim file?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperfixr

Born Again Rocketeer
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these with a Rocksim file? I am contemplating getting one and would like to see how the simulations look...

Any inputs on these rockets appreciated. How have some of you done the motor retention? Thanks!

Mark Rose
ICBM Orangeburg
TRA #11717 L2

Last edited:
Maybe once Art Upton gets done 'unboxing' his Mongoose 54 he may be inclined to share!LOL

WOW! Uncle Sugar must be treating you REAL nice Mark! :p ;) Little steep for my shallow wallet right now!..LOL

I think he got lost in the packing material.......

I just bought one (the 54mm version) & hope to have it by this week some time.

JD

I have a 54 under construction. I'll post the Rocksim file when I get home.

I used the Slimline retainer with the internal snap ring, but I had not seen the Lock N Load retainers which have a bevel on the front edge. With the Slimline, I'm having to build up a fillet to blend it into the airframe, but with the Lock N Load, it is already done for you. Live and learn. :( With either retainer, it will be necessary to stand off the rail guides to clear the added diameter. I'm planning to use the ACME conformal rail guide with the offset for a fin can.

I installed the fins and then laid in a small fillet of epoxy. Then I used laminating resin to apply a 1" wide carbon fiber reinforcement to the intersection between the fin and airframe and topped that with carbon fiber tip to tip. The CF is 4oz/yd. The result showed the weave, so I've used a lightweight epoxy paste filler to fill the weave and feather the doubled region. I'll probably end up painting that area black. I had hoped to be able to leave the weave of the fabric visible, but it required too much filling.

Latest posts

Back