Powerful Mono Propellant recipie! LQQK HERE!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexNUMB

Reaction score
By combing 2 parts hydrogen to one part oxygen and stroing at pressure, one can make a reaal kewl rock3t motor, d00dz!!!

Is this sort of topic alowed here?

EDIT :

I did see a TV show before about Hydrogen & Oxygen being mixed in a balloon , and when it was popped by a flame , it made a hell of a bang !:eek:
Or maybe it was pure Hydrogen?

There was a thread in the Propulsion forum called "Fresh Static Tests". It was a great thread and I was enjoying reading it. However, AlexNUMB decided to violate the forum guidelines and post chemical percentages, grain lengths, core sizes and nozzle throat diameters. The thread was a great one that we didn't want to lose so we moved the thread to the Pulled Posts area to review among the moderators to determine what should be done with it to salvage it. Our options were to delete Alex's post, edit Alex's post, or trash the whole thread. We didn't want to do the last one so the 1st two were being considered. I no sooner had the thread pulled when the following exchange occurred:
Alex: Whisky Tango Foxtrot, Over.

WTF????
How was that thread getting out of hand?
Heil Moderators!

Mark: We're discussing it right now. I'll let you know soon.

Alex: Do you even know what you are reviewing?

Want to check my papers or run my Jewish neighbor in for questioning while you are at it?

Mark: There's no need to be beligerant. I don't need to put up with that! The reason it was moved is because there were some ingredient percentages posted in the thread. I moved it to discuss with the other moderators to decide if we should just edit out the percentages, notify the author and put the thread back or something else. The thread will return in one form or another.

Got it? Good!

Alex: OMG someone might find out that cupric oxide makes a blue flame in APCP motors! Lock that information up!
Alex then proceeded to post this thread. Alex then posted another thread with a link to the entire formula.

A few days ago there was a thread about Bowhunter taking some time off from TRF. In that thread, there were quite a few people who expressed surprise that the moderators had to put up with such crap. Alex's childish remarks shows you just what kind of bull$hit we have to put up with. I even stated in my response back to Alex that the thread would return is some form but Alex decided to throw a tantrum and continue to flaunt the forum guidelines. AlexNUMB has been put on more strict moderation, for the time being. Since he has trouble following the rules, all his posts will be reviewed before appearing to the public. If he doesn't like it, he can go elsewhere.

Now some may wonder what problem there is in identifying the percent of Cupric Oxide in a formula? By itself, nothing. However, if that bit of information is allowed to stand along with some other bits and pieces in other posts and threads, then someone may read all of the threads, put together their own formula without knowing the interactions and get themselves hurt. Posting pieces of a formula is actually worse than posting the whole thing.

After we finish our review, the original thread will be put back in some edited form. All we ask is that TRF members abide by the TRF guidelines when posting.

Yeah, god forbid someone learn something!

Post a disclaimer and then you wouldn't have to worry about anything.

i.e. "TRF Takes no responsibility for anything our members post"

I helped run a 15,000 user UBB that had a myriad of subjects on it. We never had problems with anyone posting anything since we had a disclaimer. We've even been quoted in several national articles. (www.nwtekno.org)

You guys go around censoring PERFECTLY LEGIT postings.

I wasn't on the warpath until you pulled the plug on a perfectly legitamate, well within the boundaries posting.

And you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. You are taking our knowledagble, on topic, within bounds postings to a board of c-d-e mod roc weenies who have no clue what KN is or how CuO reacts in a motor and asking them to make a decision on weather or not this is an "appropriate" posting.

That is stupid. That's like the blind setting standards for image quality.

THEN you lock out my account so I can't even respond. Who is the childish one now???

Oh, and my posts with my original account aren't being "reviewed" the are flat out being disallowed!

I can't even send a PM.

HEIL FORUM MODERATORS!!!

AlexNUMB got himself banned by trying to circumvent TRF moderation by posting an EX formula in his tagline. He then posted to every thread he could to spread his message. Then he reregistered a new account as AlexNUMB2 and continued to do the same thing. We don't need his kind on here so we're currently working on banning his IP range.

Alex, if you manage to see this, you screwed yourself. All that was asked of you was to follow the rules. It doesn't matter if you like them or think they're wrong. We set the rules and they are absolute. If you don't like them, leave.

Dude, give it a rest. They are skittish about allowing any details about propellant formulation. I wish they weren't, but it's their forum, not mine. A disclaimer doesn't keep you out of court/jail if someone decides it's your fault that they were hurt or that you are participating in an illegal activity.

Would Alex be so free with propellant formulas if he realized that he is (not 'could be,' he IS) personally liable for damages and injuries that even remotely result from his shared info?

You don't have to like what the courts have done to our country to be able to understand that you are liable for just about anything these days, just because you are warm and breathing. Posting info about ingredients (in whole or in part) for rocket fuel is a no-brainer.

And Alex, I'll bet the mods know a whole bunch more about propellants, chemistry, and experimental motors than you give them credit for.

BTW, the original thread that started this whole thing is back, minus AlexNUMB's posts. He made the decision real easy for us.

"I lurnt how to mix propellnt by lukin at the rocketry foruum. Alex Numb postid that it had cupie oxidate in der, so i picked me up some of that stuf and packed it into one of dem der alminum tubes and **** didn't happen. I were pissed."

HAHAHAHAH oh man that was funny

I just looked through the entire guidlines of the forum and did no see anything about posting about EX. I also Fail to see how saying "my motor has 1.2% of Some chemical in it" is violating codes. You still dont know the other 98.8% of the other chemicals. If someone wants to make motors they can find the information on the web, touching on the subject in a completly harmless, educational way is not going to hurt anyone. Remember we were discussing how motors worked and why the worked.

Originally posted by Ryan S.
I also Fail to see how saying "my motor has 1.2% of Some chemical in it" is violating codes. You still dont know the other 98.8% of the other chemicals.
Read above.

Originally posted by Ryan S.
I just looked through the entire guidlines of the forum and did no see anything about posting about EX.
Check out the Announcement at the top of the Propulsion forum entitled "Propulsion Forum Intent".

From the Guidelines:
The Rocketry Forum also reserves the right to prohibit or delete discussions that are thought to violate applicable laws or that may be harmful to other members, the sites that comprise The Rocketry Forum, or the rights of The Rocketry Forum or others.

This has been explained more than once. We deem EX discussions as "may be harmful to other members...". While your examp may be in a grey area Ryan, it is definitely on its way to being a problem.

Understand, we are not too against posting a link to another website with EX information. But there will be no discussions about EX, period.

And now, from my post at https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10592
We are all interdependent. Recently every person in that list has been "attacked" by various members. If these people leave because of that attack, then there will be no forum. So the message is, the people in that list want the good people in the forum to discuss rocketry. All you other people who are here to create havoc can go away. We will keep the forum. You will start to feel the vise as the moderators and admins take back the forum. We have never disabled accounts from specific users but we may start.

Now, back to rocketry.

... we're currently working on banning his IP range.

that is the wrong way to do it, for so many reasons.

[edit] by the way, personally I agree with the "no-ex" rule - there are plenty of other places on the web to find that community.

Originally posted by AlexNUMB2
Yeah, god forbid someone learn something!

Post a disclaimer and then you wouldn't have to worry about anything.

i.e. "TRF Takes no responsibility for anything our members post"

True, that would probably work, but it is totally up to the mods and admins to decide what this forum is for and about. There are MANY EX forums, e-mail lists, and what-not spread around the web...look there.

I helped run a 15,000 user UBB that had a myriad of subjects on it. We never had problems with anyone posting anything since we had a disclaimer. We've even been quoted in several national articles. (www.nwtekno.org)

You guys go around censoring PERFECTLY LEGIT postings.

Wanna know why? Cause they can, and for the good of the forum.

I wasn't on the warpath until you pulled the plug on a perfectly legitamate, well within the boundaries posting.

And you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. You are taking our knowledagble, on topic, within bounds postings to a board of c-d-e mod roc weenies who have no clue what KN is or how CuO reacts in a motor and asking them to make a decision on weather or not this is an "appropriate" posting.

I have taken offense to this statement. I do NOT think that being a so-called "c-d-e modroc weenie" is a bad thing! Why do you insist on being that way! Heck, I'd say it's a safe bet that you were a "modroc weenie" at some point - that's probably what got you started in rocketry!!

That is stupid. That's like the blind setting standards for image quality.

THEN you lock out my account so I can't even respond. Who is the childish one now???

I'm sorry it had to come to that, Alex. I'm am very sure that the moderators discussed this THOROUGHLY before making any sort of decision. I personally have read their private forum with permission, and all I saw there was a bunch of very wise adult people discussing just about EVERY thing that goes on in this forum. You obviously blatantly violated the forum's rules, and as a moderated forum, they chose that the best option for the forum was to make this decision. I'm sorry it had to come to that. I hope to read about your works somewhere else.

Thanks,
Jason Toft
NAR 82997

All this from dear Alex makes me wonder if numb refers to his skull. This isn't RMR, and speaking as a mainly C-D-E mod roc weanie, I don't feel the need to have rocketry gods like Alex stooping down to mere mortal contact to spread their benevolent wisdom. If Alex is an example of the EX crowd, I don't think I'll ever "rise" to that level.

amazing how this dude wastes server space here that people actually pay for and is gonna take time to clean up

btw, c-d-e weenie. that takes the competance of a 4 year old to say, and i do believe theres an age suggestion on rocket kits :D

Please don't feed the trolls. This thread is now locked.

Ryan S. Read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back