Potter Youth Rocketry Org. Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDRocket

Reaction score
To All,
This is a reminder that this is our first launch being held at the new launch field this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, June 12th and 13th from 10 AM to 5 PM each day. Our Launch Field is in Potter, NY, between Canandaigua Lake and Kauka Lake. Approximately 16 miles south of the City of Canandaigua.
We are expecting at least two to three Boy Scout groups over the weekend to attend and fly thier rockets as well as many other fellow Rocketeers. We are also holding our first rocket raffle this weekend too.
We have an Estes, 25th Anniversary, Saturn V rocket kit up for raffle. Tickets are $3.00 Each, 4 for $10, there will only be 100 tickets sold for this raffle, once the last ticket is sold, we will pull the winning ticket. The winner does not have to be present to win, upon winning, the winner will be notified, and will be able to pick up the rocket kit, or it will be sent to them. The raffle tickets will be available through out the weekend.
For those of you who may be coming from a distance, here is a link to the Flint Creek Camp Grounds, which are only two miles away from the Launch Field.
https://www.flintcreekcampground.com/
For more information on the Organization and directions to the Launch Field, please check out our website,
www.pyro.ws

I look forward to seeing you there,

Mike Dutch
PYRO Board Chairman

Rich,

Instead of complaining about what the fees for flying with us as a non-member is, you should have read what joining us entails.

For the same cost of a non-member launch fee per day, you could join our Organization, get a t shirt, fly the first weekend for free, and then pay a reasonable launch fee of $5 a day as a member after that.

Is this a baltant effort to acquire members, YES! What's wrong with that?

It is every clubs goal to increase their membership, this is our way to do that.

So, Rich, and everyone else, come out and join us flying rockets on what has to be the best launch field in the northeast, let's all have a great time.

Thanks

Mike Dutch

Sorry, I wasn't complaining. It was an (apparently bad) attempt at humor.
;)

I read what joining entails, which is why I made the comment (who would pay the non-member fee? Anyone thinking of flying would join!)

Good luck with the launch!
-Rich

Hey, thanks a lot Rich,
I didn't mean to seem like I took any offence, actually you gave me an excuse to post about the Org. some more. If I did come back too hard, I'm sorry, what with getting this all set up and working with the new Org, field, farmer, FAA waiver, etc, etc, I'm lucky to still have hair left. I get through it all though because I keep telling myself that it will get better, it's for the kids, and it's all about having FUN with the hobby again.

Hope you can make one of the days, it will be good to see you.

Dutch

Back