posting word documents

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Word docs are available to post to the forum. Text files are okay though.

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Hey all, how do you post a word document? Is it not possible?

If you pasted the contents (visible AND invisible) of a Word file into the posting widget, either it would ignore the invisible formatting stuff, or it wouldn't and being non-HTML compliant, they might break stuff.

You can post the entire text content of a word file by opening it, selecting all in it (control+A), copying it to clipboard (control+C) and pasting it (control+V) into the window where you normally type stuff in for posting.

You wouldn't want to set the forum up to accept word doc's. Too easy to pass on a virus that way.

I've never checked, but if the forum accepts pdf files, you could convert it. pdf files are safe.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
You wouldn't want to set the forum up to accept word doc's. Too easy to pass on a virus that way.

I've never checked, but if the forum accepts pdf files, you could convert it. pdf files are safe.

jim

Ive got myself a nice virtual 'PDF Printer' on the labtop. Acts just like a printer, only it 'prints' to a PDF file. Very useful to keep all the formatting (and so people can't change your writing!). Pretty much universal, unlike Word Documents. I have been looking for the software for the printer for a while, but I can't seem to find it....maybe it is some option in Acrobat Reader. :confused:

Back