Quantcast

Posting question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Dbarrm

Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of threads where people post reply after reply with one pic in each one. Are you not allowed to post more then one pic per reply?

Dan

powderburner

Reaction score
You may only attach one picture per post, and that is only if you have been a good boy and if the moderators like you (kidding, only kidding!).

Actually, there are ways to weave multiple links into the body of your post, if you know what you are doing with computers and stuff (I don't). And you can include links to other web sites that host multiple images.

The only major thing that TRF asks of you (really) is that you do not paste pictures directly into the post, because all of the folks with dial-up connections get really slowed down when someone posts a big image.

I'm sure someone else will chime in here and give some pointers on how to include more pictures. In the mean time, go ahead and attach one per post, I don't think anyone minds.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
We prefer no pics at all. Links take up less space and work better for those who are still on dialup. But links are not always available to some people so the happy medium was one pic per post. So, use that as you see fit. Just remember, adding 24 pics to the thread means our dialup brothers have to download those 24 pics to just view the thread.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
But if you post no pics at all, we send the boys round to teach you a lesson! :p :D

Phil

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Your example is the way we prefer it. Unfortunately in that case the software only attaches one pic to a post. So if your wondering why not have those 10 jpg links in one post, it can't cause the software wouldn't allow us.

However, if you know html and have a place to store your pics you can do just about anything you want in a post.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Cool, So i can make a website with everything on it and just post the link to the site with the whole story.

Dan

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Yup, or you could also write the story on TRF and put links to the appropriate pictures in your post. This way dial up users can choose if they want to view the pics or not!

Phil

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
1. You can only post one picture per post. That is the way the software is written. Size restrictions are placed on these types of posting because the images are actually stored in the database.

2. Dialup users can turn off "inline" images if they like. But we still prefer that users don't post "inline" images because nobody can seem to remember that these types of images can be turned off. In order for this to work you need to use the [ img ] tag. I think that if you use the HTML equivalent < img > tag the image will show no matter what the user has set in their profile. I have not tested this so it may work with either tag.

3. The most flexible choice is to host your images somewhere on the web (including your own server if you host a website). You can then place a link in your post to these images. TRF places no restrictions on this type of imaging posting. Your images can be as small or as large as you like and you can have as many images as you heart desires. There are many image hosting services available. I use Shutterfly and my own server for hosting images.

4. The only problem with using links is that if the image is moved or deleted or if your image server is unavailable then TRF has a broken link and the user will not be able to see your images. Not too big of a deal... just an FYI.