Post Your Fleet! Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A modest start into rocketry, 5 of them, 3 are scratch build.
rocket fleet 2013.jpg

JP

A modest start into rocketry, 5 of them, 3 are scratch build.

JP

Nice looking fleet. I still love that Bullpup. A modest start you say? Yeah, that's how it starts, all right. Before you know it you'll have rockets in 4 or 5 rooms in your house.

Nice looking fleet. I still love that Bullpup. A modest start you say? Yeah, that's how it starts, all right. Before you know it you'll have rockets in 4 or 5 rooms in your house.
LOL, I know that you are right. And thank you for your help along the way too!

JP

It's been about a year, so here's what things look like now:

fleet.jpg

From Left to Right:

Back Row: Semroc Swift Boost Glider (pod is at home), Quest Mean Green, Estes Maxi Alpha 3 (with a different nose), Estes Blue Ninja, Wildman Dark Star Mini, Bay Area Rocketry Crayon Bank conversion, PemTech King Kraken

Middle Row: Quest Viper, Estes FreeFall, Semroc Tau Zero, Estes High Flier, Estes Viking, Estes Phantom, Semroc Point, Fliskits Diminutive Deuce, Fliskits Crayon.

Front "Row": Estes Wizard (parts of it anyway.)

Also visible: Dr. Rocket's 29/360 case and some various other crap on my desk.

Not pictured: Estes Ventris (stitting at home waiting for launch guides, paint, and vinyl.)

The fleet is still small, but growing (slowly)
View attachment 86527
From left to right:
Back row: Semroc Point, Estes Viking, Estes Wizard, Semroc Swift Boost Glider, Semroc Tau Zero, Quest Viper, Quest Mean Green, Estes Blue Ninja (technically, my son's rocket.)
Front Row: 3 cardstock rockets designed by Art Applewhite: Pinwheel, Scimitar, Qubit.

Gone is the BatRock (accepted by the sky gods)
Also not pictured is a Quest Future Launch Vehicle
(Built, flown and subsequently destroyed by an unfortunate run-in with some tarmac while under power.)

Also visible: Lava Lamp, Tea Garden Photos, Ravenclaw House Banner.

Nice fleet, Robert. I remember when all my rockets would fit on a desk. I really do need help... LOL

Well as you can tell most of my fleet is 'lost in the 60's'. There is the Estes, Centuri, and everything else. The only original is the SAI Judge circa 1970. I've added a AeroDart and Hustler since photos. A couple of closets full not included here, time to rotate stock.

001.jpg

003.jpg

sandhawk0 013.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

It's been raining for days, stuck inside, here's a few more. The RockaChute is a remake of an earlier build, had the scale wrong (same with SuperSon).

012.jpg

014.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
What a fantastic thread. I want to be a part of it. I built rockets as a kid, and since January of this year I've been building them again. It's a great thing that some of my favorites are still in production. So anyhoo, here's my modest fleet so far:

FOURROCKETS.jpg

Here is a recent addition as of this weekend:

SHUTTLE.jpg

Ugh. This is pretty pathetic compared to what I had. Still, will be fun restoring it to its former glory =)

DSCF1578.JPG

It's been about a year, so here's what things look like now:

View attachment 136430

From Left to Right:

Back Row: Semroc Swift Boost Glider (pod is at home), Quest Mean Green, Estes Maxi Alpha 3 (with a different nose), Estes Blue Ninja, Wildman Dark Star Mini, Bay Area Rocketry Crayon Bank conversion, PemTech King Kraken

Middle Row: Quest Viper, Estes FreeFall, Semroc Tau Zero, Estes High Flier, Estes Viking, Estes Phantom, Semroc Point, Fliskits Diminutive Deuce, Fliskits Crayon.

Front "Row": Estes Wizard (parts of it anyway.)

Also visible: Dr. Rocket's 29/360 case and some various other crap on my desk.

Not pictured: Estes Ventris (stitting at home waiting for launch guides, paint, and vinyl.)

I like the fleet. I had to do a double-take on the lava lamp in the corner - I thought it was another scratch built rocket....hmmmmmm........I see a future scratch build in my future......

Here's just some of my fleet...

2x Mercury Redstones
2x Mercury Atlases
2x Astrocam, look back mods
1x Stilleto
1x Venus Probe
1x Jayhawk
1x Black Brant III
3x Black Brant II (those are the latest three, there were three before them)
2x Terrier/Sandhawk
1x Apollo Saturn V
2x Trident
1x Apollo Saturn 1B
1x Cherokee D
3x Exocet Missile
2x Photon Disruptor
1x Photon Probe
3x Magnum mods (one destroyed on maiden flight)
1x Bandit
1x Alpha Mod
1x Quest ????
1x Phantom
2x Supernova
2x Yellow Jacket

Not shown, (WIP)
2x Mosquitos
3x Sentinel, 2 stage mods
1x Trident
1x **** **** (don't ask, I'm not saying)
2x Space Shuttle (vacuform boost glider version)
2x? Space Shuttle (foam boost glider version)
2x R2D2 (one small, one large)
2x Tie Fighter
1x Darth Vader Tie Fighter
1x X-wing Fighter
1x Jupiter C
1x Klingon Battle Cruiser (25th Anniversary edition)

Not Shown
1x Centuri Saturn V (ca 1970)
1x V2 (ca 1970)
1x Honest John
1x Citation Patriot

Since these photos, I've added 5 Cherokee D's, a upscaled Yellow Jacket, 2 Estes Optima's, 2 Omega's, a Night Hawk, Hawk, Der 1.5, 2 Estes Magnums, a Supernova, 2 Comet Chasers, another Venus Probe, a Maxi Icarus, another Citation Patriot (mod), and a few others I can't remember...

Lost the Venus Probe in the photo.

Last edited:
Well as you can tell most of my fleet is 'lost in the 60's'. There is the Estes, Centuri, and everything else. The only original is the SAI Judge circa 1970. I've added a AeroDart and Hustler since photos. A couple of closets full not included here, time to rotate stock.
John, I like your retro fleet and... the launch pads. I haven't started on that Centuri pad, yet.

John, I like your retro fleet and... the launch pads. I haven't started on that Centuri pad, yet.

Thanks, I want to built a LIA-77 using Carls plans, but still trying to get settled in new house. I had a 30x30 garage at previous home but now trying to fit all that stuff in smaller basement.

Hey Robert, your fleet is growing! I just got a Freefall kit. I'm working on an upscale of it.

Yep - but my build pile is growing faster. :facepalm:

The Freefall is what my 8 year old got me for christmas last year, after a slight mix-up at the school christmas gift bazaar. (My wife tells me he didn't notice the flashlight he picked said "grandpa" until after he got it home.) He went with mom to the LHS and picked it out himself. My wife recounted the in-store discusion to me later:

Son: "Mom, I want to get dad tat one!" (pointing at the Freefall.)
Wife: "Are you sure that's one he'll like?" (Thinking about some of the larger, more complex, rockets I've been seen buying.)
Son: "Yeah mom, it's totally cool! It's even got a little parachute guy!" (bouncing and pointing.)
Wife: "Ok..." (still skeptically)
Sales clerk: "Hey guys," (then recognizing the boys) "where's your dad?"
Son: "He's at work, besides we're picking out his christmas present."
Sales clerk: "A rocket, I bet he's going to love it."
Son: "I know, right?"

And yes, I did love it. I'm not above building and flying an E2X, especially when it was a gift from my kids. (Also, the little parachute guy is pretty cool. ;) )

Figured Id start a thread where you guys could show of your rocket fleet! So Ill start.
From left to right: SpaceX Falcon 9 with Dragon Capsule, Dr Zooch Saturn V, Dr Zooch SLS, Estes Mini Honest John
current fleet.jpg
Its not much but its what I've got!
Your turn!

Mod Edit: I merged Odo's thread with the Post Your Fleet Gallery

Thanks for contributing, Odo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work there young sir! I see you have a taste for scale models, very cool!

Figured Id start a thread where you guys could show of your rocket fleet! So Ill start.
From left to right: SpaceX Falcon 9 with Dragon Capsule, Dr Zooch Saturn V, Dr Zooch SLS, Estes Mini Honest John
View attachment 142112
Its not much but its what I've got!
Your turn!

Those look good !
I like the fact that their scale !
here are my scale collection:
DSCF4866.jpg

Here's my MPR fleet and a Big Daddy. I have a few more LPRs not in this pic.

thefleet.jpg

Yep - but my build pile is growing faster. :facepalm:

The Freefall is what my 8 year old got me for christmas last year, after a slight mix-up at the school christmas gift bazaar. (My wife tells me he didn't notice the flashlight he picked said "grandpa" until after he got it home.) He went with mom to the LHS and picked it out himself. My wife recounted the in-store discusion to me later:

Son: "Mom, I want to get dad tat one!" (pointing at the Freefall.)
Wife: "Are you sure that's one he'll like?" (Thinking about some of the larger, more complex, rockets I've been seen buying.)
Son: "Yeah mom, it's totally cool! It's even got a little parachute guy!" (bouncing and pointing.)
Wife: "Ok..." (still skeptically)
Sales clerk: "Hey guys," (then recognizing the boys) "where's your dad?"
Son: "He's at work, besides we're picking out his christmas present."
Sales clerk: "A rocket, I bet he's going to love it."
Son: "I know, right?"

And yes, I did love it. I'm not above building and flying an E2X, especially when it was a gift from my kids. (Also, the little parachute guy is pretty cool. ;) )

Awww, that is so cute! That's got to be your favorite rocket!

Holy scale rockets.
Is that an unpainted V2 I see to the right? Also love that delta II to the far left.

this was about 6 months ago the V-2 is painted now.
I'ved added a Soyuz, Saturn 1b, Mercury Atlas, Nike Hercules, X-15, Little Joe II (1/100th)
an F-15, and a mini space shuttle.

this was about 6 months ago the V-2 is painted now.
I'ved added a Soyuz, Saturn 1b, Mercury Atlas, Nike Hercules, X-15, Little Joe II (1/100th)
an F-15, and a mini space shuttle.

Picture of the Soyuz? :D

Back