Post Your Best Rocket Name

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possible Future Names...
PEBMAP (Problem Exists Between Motor And Parachute) <<<--- Inspired by PEBCAK
Absent By Enforced Net Deprivation <<<--- Derivation of PEBCAK
Unknown to Wife
Burning $ome Green (I really dig Mohave Green reloads)
Bitcoin Deleter
Raining Fiberglass
Not Again!
Blankety Blank
FUBAR
Paper Chase
Houston, We Have A Problem

Looking back through rocket magazines, most every name you can think of likely has already been used. These are ones I'll use on RSO cards:
Faster Faster
Premature Eject-ulation
Open Up Wide
Get It On
Makin Bacon
Time for a Quickie? (1/2 second burn time)
OMG That thing is Huge
Good Girth (short/fat rocket)
Mattress Mambo
Got a Light?
OK-But First Coffee
Nice Ash ( cigar themed rocket)

The Canon Cannon - Launched a the infamous launch in Zelienople PA Z-4... 1 I140 + 4 F80, with 35mm radio controlled camera...
Hawaiian Punch - 2 Stage minimum diameter K300-K250 flown at Black Rock 2 Upper Stage was a Laser LOC.
Incontinentia Buttocks - 12 C6-7 cluster
Slobovian Avenger - Pictured on my Avatar - 60 cluster full J power in black powder, record still stands...with Three Cinerocs onboard.

others: some mine, not all...
Half-Fast
Longsmadong
Stygian Witch
Wart Hog - a boost glider
Road Dog - 6 C6-7 + 9 D12-7

I guess I should add that the three above are just things I thought of, not things I've built. (Well, I built and flew a rocket called Grand Daddy; it was a 29 mm upgraded Big Daddy, not an upscale.)

I hope this works, my first dual deploy
Proceed with caution, second dual deploy
The Flying Pencil, looks like a pencil
The Duck Rocket, Univ. Of Oregon themed
The Flying Pig, it has a clear payload section with a Pink pig wearing goggles and a flying scarf.
Night Light, a night rocket
Beacon, a night rocket
Ghost, the body tube is clear acrylic and it has lexan fins.

Attachments

• 20201207_195822[77].jpg
    20201207_195822[77].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
I've really not thought about it much but my Space Shot scaled rocket could be named "Serendipity!"
Space shot was launched at 11:11, my 6YO was born at 11:11, and my kit is No. 11.
Now maybe if Tri Cities does get to launch in March I'll have to try for my Level 2 using that rocket and launch it at 11:11.

It sounds like simply "11" would be a good name. Or "elvensies". Or "Armistice" if you can somehow pull off the 11/11, 11:11 launch.

I've been meaning to create a custom decal for the "Big Purple Rocket" that says "大きい紫ロケット" or "Big Purple Rocket." But, well, other things keep getting in the way.

IMG_7868.JPG

Last edited:
Back