Post Your Best Rocket Name

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrow Of Outrageous Fortune
As The Night To Day
A Valiant Death
Starfault
Exit Stage Up
Many Parts
Thiefstealer
Not Quite Gold

The "Ultra Menace Missile" Name taken from the Japanime series "Star Blazers" Meanwhile, Colonel Ganz, the Gamilon commander on Pluto, receives permission to test out the new Ultra-Menace Missile against the new Earth battleship.
"Star Blazers" was my favorite show when I was a high schooler. Got up at 6;30am to watch it every day. Helped run the Star Blazers Fan Club with Mike Pinto, which turned into a national group, oh, and I created the first American fan-anime ever called "Desslok's Revenge", which you can find on Youtube someplace. (It's terrible).

I'm working on a few rockets right now with terrible names such as "Fin-tastic" (it will have a lot of fins, obviously), and a large rocket that may be too big to fly at my local group called "Plausible Deniability" -- but I'm now also starting a build which will be the Citation Patriot "upgrade kit" kit-bashed with a Big Daddy, which is being dubbed "American Daddy" (based on the cartoon show).....

I'm working on a few rockets right now with terrible names such as "Fin-tastic" (it will have a lot of fins, obviously), and a large rocket that may be too big to fly at my local group called "Plausible Deniability" -- but I'm now also starting a build which will be the Citation Patriot "upgrade kit" kit-bashed with a Big Daddy, which is being dubbed "American Daddy" (based on the cartoon show).....

Here's an option...I came up with "Upset Homer" because that's a Prometheus kit and I put the name into an anagram solver and Upset Homer was the first phrase my eyes came upon. I think this is the anagram solver I used. So using "American Daddy" it pooped out A LOT of results. I kind of like, "A Candy Admired."

Anyways, I hope that helps.

I've been buying parts to send my 4" Hawk 1 mile plus, going to add ebay, redundant dual deploy, additional 10" payload for drogue, tracker and motor case for J270 plus grains. Reading through these names I am thinking "There Goes A Grand!", or maybe "Another Grand!"
This will definitely be a heads-up flight because I've never used electronics or reloadable motors.

I've been buying parts to send my 4" Hawk 1 mile plus, going to add ebay, redundant dual deploy, additional 10" payload for drogue, tracker and motor case for J270 plus grains. Reading through these names I am thinking "There Goes A Grand!", or maybe "Another Grand!"
This will definitely be a heads-up flight because I've never used electronics or reloadable motors.
Here goes a Grand

I named my first HP rocket "Mile One" -- (My L1) attempt.
The next build was "El Toot Rye" -- (L2 Try). Since I got my L2, it broke Mach and topped two miles in altitude. Maybe I should rename it:
"Too Done"
"Too Done and Done"
or maybe just
"Well Done"

I have a friend that says 'And pigs will fly from my butt" when something is unlikely to be true or happen. I made a rocket called the Flying Pig. It's a 3" BT and I found a clear plastic container that fit perfectly. Found the pig on Amazon.20220928_204809[352].jpg20220928_204822[355].jpg

Big Bada Boom, just in case it does.
Right up there with “Suicide King. “ Spoiler alert, that didn’t end well. Still one of the most beautiful rockets I have ever seen.

Another recent rocket named “Bang.” Another great rocket with a suboptimal maiden flight.

Not wise to tempt the rocket gods.

Best name I have come up with is Baron Von Gofast and his Psychedelic Boogie Buggy. It's been in the "I've got the motor mount built" stage for, like, 10 years I think.

I did not make them up but 2 of my favorite names are:

Down Right Ignorant & Cheaper Than A Girlfriend

As for Juggs. Meh name but best paint scheme ever. I wonder if Stickershock would do a 4 inch downscale.

Andrew

High Explosive

I added the “just kidding” as I used to fly in a large local park and there was always the remote chance it might land in someone’s yard.

Other name for this was

Da Bomb!4C023A7C-3BC3-4042-9DA5-3BEE66B1F4DE.jpeg

Cluster Faust - A name given to an ad hoc rocket a friend made.
Krusty ('It's not just good, it' good enough') - actually a name I use for most of my suspicious builds. I borrowed it from a friend (Tony M.)

Attachments

• 20220914_181251.png
    20220914_181251.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back