Post Your Best Rocket Name

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon@K-9 Rocket Tech

Student, Drone and Rockets, Aspiring Engineer
Reaction score
So there is one thing I love about any DIY type community, and it's naming things. I especially love all the bizarre names the rocketry community makes. So what is the most fitting, unique, bizarre, creative, rocket vehicle name you have ever come up with? I'm curious to know ;)

Oh ya for those of you who can't sleep at nigh trying to think of the perfect name for your rocket, here is a name generator
https://www.rocketreviews.com/rocketry-name-generator.html

Nice link :)

Sometimes I name them after Hawkwind or Pink Floyd songs.

But I usually just stand in the soybean field and shout, Get Back Here Now!

I wanted my L1 cert rocket to be really visible, so I painted it fluorescent orange. Unfortuantely, I accidentally picked up marking paint rather than real paint when I bought it. Marking paint leaves a fine dust on everything, just waiting to rub off on anything that comes in contact (clothes, car, fingers...). I think it took about 4 years of pretty regular flying for it not to mark its spot.

Thus the name: Cheeto Dust.

E52445DF-7DCC-4848-A462-8BF66D478CF0.jpeg 5FC6F398-1844-4FFC-8468-BD7613F39C26.jpeg A0416C32-3D14-4526-AEA8-2A94EADAEB49.jpeg BE344E1B-F3CA-43C4-A1A3-C33F2F52BAE9.jpeg Scratch build with nose cone, body tube, and tube fins all from toilet paper tubes—Uranus Explorer
Football version of Estes Pop Fly, launched and recovered a Nerf Football, the Hail Mary
Two rockets with intentional CATO recovery, MayDay and Gone Fission
Upscale mod of Apogee SR-72 DarkBird, mine was SR-73 Raven
Two stage Asymmetric/Eccentric Single fin Rocket, Little Deuce Scoupe
Pic above
Soliton Sled
Buzzed LightYear

"I Got Fleas" is my rocket that looks like a Wolf. :) Jiggly Chuff, Lawn Shart (it's brown), and Cross my Heart and Hope to Fly are some of the others...

Mustang Sally Ride Can Dance
Boosteth ( L1 )
Things From the UPS Store ( L2 )

Last edited:
Deep Space OFFl (Puns&Jokes)
Note, that's not an "!" it's a "L" (sound it out)

21584510095_ffe4d7e164.jpg

I forgot to bring clips for motor retention and had to fashion something at the field. Then needed to cut a big hole in the too-big nylon chute. And had to use a huge oversize quicklink because I couldn't find the small one in the rangebox. The rocket was christened at the launch: "Poor Planning".

Best name I've ever heard was in HPR magazine many years ago: 75 Bucks A Second. :D

That rocketreviews generator gave me, "Someone forgot to arm the electronics." I can hear it now:

LCO: Next up is a rocket called, "Someone Forgot to Arm the Electronics"
Smarta$$ed Flier: No I didn't.

It's a like a bad rocketry version of "Who's on First?"

I'll leave y'all to decide the level of unique/bizarre/fitting/creative or even interesting, but here's a random list of some of my rocket's names:

Raspulescent
Phantic
Swarmprince
Tepes
(blame it on the) Blackstar
Future History
Luciferon
the Brucolac
Szegre
Khap Suhl
Even Gene
Elvun V3