Post counts?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Len B

Old Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a really dumb question. It's about post counts. Why do people concern themselves about them? Someone in another message suggested that a thread was created just as a post count generator. He's been around way longer than me so quite likely is correct. (He referred to the word association thread) I joined that thread as I like that it seemed fun and that people did not degenerate the thread like I imagine could easily happen elsewhere. This has to be the friendliest place I've found on the www in a very long time.

Anyway, I am just curious. Are there cookie marks associated with post counts?

Hopefully this is the best forum to post the question.

Thanks!

Len Bryan

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no benefit to having a high post count other than ego boosting. :D

There are no prizes awarded, no money given, and no cookies eaten. :D

Len B

Old Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I thought.

Thanks! I'll go eat a cookie now anyway! :D

Len

jetra2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Milo
There are no prizes awarded, no money given, and no cookies eaten. :D
Aww man....no cookies....:(:(

Jason

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Every so often a thread will take a turn off topic base on the post count issue. Many of the regulars like pointing out milestones in their counts. I for one have never posted just to bump my count :rolleyes:

I guess this is similar to the admins taking pride that they hit milestones in threads, posts, and members ;)

shrox

Reaction score
You can adjust the cookies in your browser, but there are no choices like chocolate chip or peanut butter, just yes or no. What if I get coconut and raisin cookies? Or asphalt and fish cookies? Just plain sugar cookies would be OK, except coming from the internet, you would have no idea where they had been.

shrox

Len B

Old Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Originally posted by shrox
You can adjust the cookies in your browser, but there are no choices like chocolate chip or peanut butter, just yes or no. What if I get coconut and raisin cookies? Or asphalt and fish cookies? Just plain sugar cookies would be OK, except coming from the internet, you would have no idea where they had been.

shrox
Worse yet, you may have a VERY good idea where they have been! Pttewey!!

Len