The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
#1,418

That's a really nice tractor...
Believe it or not, it's a Lamborghini.

Ferruccio Lamborghini owned a tractor company and was a Ferrari enthusiast. He didn't like Ferrari's after-sales service and Enzo Ferrari's attitude when he talked to him about it. So, he went on to start his own car company. Lamborghini Trattori and Automobili Lamborghini are two separate companies, these days. The cars are made by VW/Audi.

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It may be pretty, but the best tractor of all time...Massey Ferguson TE20 "Wee Grey"

View attachment 474905
There are so many 'little grey fergies' around here still in daily use. And the second hand prices are more than a new basic John Deere. There's a reason for that.

The Massey-Ferguson 35 is another brilliant 'couldn't kill it with a stick' tractor. My neighbour has one... 🤠

1964_multi-power_British_Massey_Ferguson_MF35X_-_side_view.jpg

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Be nice. That's one of the few Porsche cars I would like to own!
Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't have it as a gift. I'd sell it though...

And buy something that doesn't look like the love child of a Jensen Interceptor and a racing tadpole. ;)

#1,428

Thought you'd like that, @Mugs914 .

Mugs914

Beware of the leopard.
Reaction score
Post 1428 - @Mugs914, any reason other than economy for Minilites only on the back?
It had to do with the rim sizes that were available at the time to fit the newer racing tires. The Fuchs (Porsche) wheels were not yet being made in appropriate sizes for the wider skins that were now available. Since the 914, and especially the 911, could really use a bit more rear tire, several folks went to the Minilites in order too get that bit of extra grip in the rear. Also, the Minilites were easy to have drilled to the 5 x 130 bolt pattern that Porsche (and about no one else) used.

It wasn't uncommon to see 911s with this set-up as well, at the time. Of course the Fuchs were made in the appropriate sizes pretty quickly, but it was still tough to beat the economy of the Minilites!

Looks cool too, I think!;)

1627656263338.png

1627656405264.png

tsmith1315

Reaction score
Also, the Minilites were easy to have drilled to the 5 x 130 bolt pattern that Porsche (and about no one else) used.
That makes sense. Why not on the front, too?

it was still tough to beat the economy of the Minilites!
Indeed, I had a set on my first car. '68 Mustang, got them used for $125, I think. They're still on it!

Funkworks

Low Earth Orbit, obstructing Earth's view of Venus
Reaction score
I thought this was the Porsche tractor... :D
Hey the 928 was the greatest thing around when I started liking cars! (Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes were everywhere, everyone had posters of Testarossa, Countach and 911, and the 959 and F40 were just too insane). I got to test drive a used 928 years later, but it was much much too heavy for my taste. Only good for highways IMO.

Love the dog house in #1453!

mach7

Reaction score
#1481 What a terrible show! But I still watched it! :)

Lugnut56

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Post 1088 makes me angry… c’mon, really… how hard would it have been to wrap that sucker up to 77 mph. THAT would have been the perfect picture!
Sorry to just now be responding to this so late, but I just found it. Yes, this is a diesel class 8 truck with the road speed governed to 65 mph, however I have had it up to 75 going down hills to get up speed to climb the uphill side. There were no hills where I was driving when this temp/speed reading happened, but I thought it was still worth trying to get a picture of. Even if there had been a steep enough hill to get up to 77 mph, I really wouldn't want to drive it with one hand while holding the phone with the other in that situation. As far as the rpm/speed relation, the new engines are impressive with the high torque output at low rpm's (all in the quest for better fuel mileage).

truck.jpg

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
#1479 Fun fact: ABBA wore screwball clothing to their concerts because that made the costumes a business expense. They couldn't be so classified unless they were sufficiently odd/outrageous that they couldn't be worn in normal activities.

Also, Anna-Frid was a Lebensborn child, with a selected German soldier as the father. One of Hitler's attempts to produce genetically superior Aryan children.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
#1479 Fun fact: ABBA wore screwball clothing to their concerts because that made the costumes a business expense. They couldn't be so classified unless they were sufficiently odd/outrageous that they couldn't be worn in normal activities.

Also, Anna-Frid was a Lebensborn child, with a selected German soldier as the father. One of Hitler's attempts to produce genetically superior Aryan children.
Thanks for that! I did not know!

I knew their funky outfits were 'costumes', so I guess that makes sense: a business expense. And in all honestly, I was looking for their white spandex jumpsuits.. hence the Buck Rodgers afterwards.. (Many pics of Erin Grey in purple spandex.. decided they were a bit too racy! :D )

Sandy H.

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Reading it brought tears to my eyes.
Me too. I think I've been a decent guy most of my life, but people like that really make me re-think my value to humanity. . .

Sandy.

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Post 1489. I remember a 4th grade art teacher showing me those circles. I was crushed when she told me I was color blind. I thought how can that be I can see all the colors. But my hopes of being an astronaut or a pilot were dashed. I didn't see those circles again until I enlisted in the Air force. A touchy feely tech basically told me what the numbers were. And since my career field didn't really need it all was cool.

Latest posts