Post comments or text for "Post a Picture (no comments or text)"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

afadeev

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this vinyl art near Dunkin this morning.
Not entirely sure what the owner had on his mind when he put it on his car.
Your guess is as good as mine:

1633356427972.png

Last edited:

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The "HANDLE WITH CARE" on #420 here seems a mite obvious, considering what it's printed on... :)

Funkworks

Low Earth Orbit, obstructing Earth's view of Venus
Reaction score
I literally 😂 for #2382. Dumbest thing I've seen in a while. (Well at least it would be dumb for ME to ride it!)

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Addict
Reaction score
I sure wish one of the rocket manufacturers would come out with a 6 inch diameter Harpoon kit like the one I posted the picture of. ....that's one rocket I would love to do a level 3 project on.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
thomcat.jpg

Yeah, I remember those...
and the Grainger's catalog
and the McMaster-Carr catalog
and the Stock Drive catalog
and the...

MClark

Reaction score
post 2418. what are they
The machine in the foreground is a Pratt and Whitney gun drill, it’s over 100 years old The picture was taken yesterday and I was drilling barrels for 50 S&W, actually making 3 rifles in 500 Auto Max.
First step in running it is to dip your hands in the oil, now you don’t have to worry about getting dirty.
M

Rifling machine.
C228C11D-41FE-4873-845D-B03408D0102F.jpeg

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
The machine in the foreground is a Pratt and Whitney gun drill, it’s over 100 years old The picture was taken yesterday and I was drilling barrels for 50 S&W, actually making 3 rifles in 500 Auto Max.
So all of the things in the blue rack (and the brown(?) rack next to it) are drill "bits" (or reamers)?

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
First step in running it is to dip your hands in the oil, now you don’t have to worry about getting dirty.
M

Rifling machine.
View attachment 485322
Is making barrels a hobby or a job? And can you do AR barrels?

MClark

Reaction score
So all of the things in the blue rack (and the brown(?) rack next to it) are drill "bits" (or reamers)?
Yes
They are drills, reamer and riffling buttons. A different button is used for each caliber and twist. In .224” we have five.

Is making barrels a hobby or a job? And can you do AR barrels?
It is my work. We do make AR barrels bu if you want something "normal" it’s better to buy elsewhere, it’s expensive. If you want a 6x45 with a special taper come to us.

TSMILLER

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain? Aircraft, job, job description?

Mugs914

Beware of the leopard.
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain? Aircraft, job, job description?
The airplane is a variant of the English Electric Canberra bomber used for photo recon (Canberra PR-9, I believe). The recon officer was put up front like that to make room for more equipment and fuel, and since he needed a nice dark place to work anyway, no big windows were necessary (though he does have a tiny ones on either side).

The normal ingress/egress for him is through the swinging nose cone. The "OH _______!!!" egress is through the roof via ejection seat. The roof panel is visible just ahead of the windscreen.

Cool airplane!

1634736023797.png

TSMILLER

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The airplane is a variant of the English Electric Canberra bomber used for photo recon (Canberra PR-9, I believe). The recon officer was put up front like that to make room for more equipment and fuel, and since he needed a nice dark place to work anyway, no big windows were necessary (though he does have a tiny ones on either side).

The normal ingress/egress for him is through the swinging nose cone. The "OH _______!!!" egress is through the roof via ejection seat. The roof panel is visible just ahead of the windscreen.

Cool airplane!

View attachment 486475
Thank you Mike! I had no idea on this one. Looking at the photo of the Recon Officer, he looks like "S#$%, here we go again!" Cramped quarters for sure.
I'll do some reading up on this one.

hobie1dog

Hi-Fi Addict
Reaction score
Likely the three most poorly dressed and ugliest men on the planet, and they think they're the coolest people on the planet

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Likely the three most poorly dressed and ugliest men on the planet, and they think they're the coolest people on the planet
Actually, they are one of the longest running (and successful) UK Punk bands : Toy Dolls

They have a very unique sound & their songs are funny stories! (They are also credited with the fastest rendition of the kids TV show theme: Rupert the Bear)

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
:D - got it from:

(great TV show!)

@hobie1dog and to add: I was going to post a shot of Wendy O'Williams (Plasmatics) but couldn't find one of her that is 'family friendly'...

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
#2601 Dad drove gasoline for Texaco for I-dunno-how-many-years. Deliveries within a hundred miles or so. Over 1.9 million no-accident miles. Then some @sswipe pulled out in front of him...

He rarely speeded. He figured the company was gonna pay him for his time either way, and speeding so you could spend an extra 15 minutes drinking coffee and ogling the waitress at the truck stop was just stupid. Pretty smart for a 9th grade education.

Best -- Terry

mach7

Reaction score
post #2628

Is that photoshoped? I see no control deflections.