Post A Rocket Related (Only) Image That Makes You LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like it when the rocket goes up, and the tracker goes beep,...beep,...beep,...beep,...bee..... Silence.

Then, you get the yard sale on the dirt. I don't usually take pictures of my failures, or I'd post my last Archer that hit the ground spectacularly.

And, apparently I didn't read enough Foxtrot.

Last edited:
I have that one with the umbrella somewhere.

Also, I'm trying to recall the name of the Centuri (I think it was) launch pad setup that worked the way it is shown in that strip.

And clearly I need to get in the habit of looking at FoxTrot on line. I missed that one with the "cluster" built with the use of a hot glue gun (YIKE!)...it ran on the Sunday we were off to the WSMC it looks like, so I had the Seattle Times on hold for delivery.

Do you mean the Power Pad?
View attachment 599476
It's not a relay box, but with the rocket sitting on top of the big, beefy battery it's 90% of the way there.
No, that’s not what I mean. Look at the cartoon. There is a lantern battery on the ground near the tripod pad and connected to it with a short lead. The setup is as if the Centuri Lectra-Line 1 was connected to an early Porta Pad but so far I haven’t been able to find a pad setup quite like what Bill Amend fairly consistently draws. It isn’t MPC or MRC or Cox setup either as near as I can find in a brief look around the interwebs….

Do you know of such a thing in real life? My own experience, though extremely limited, includes only one launch system with a lantern battery. Perhaps Amend made it up? It would be more clear what's going on to readers who don't know the hobby; "Oh, they're using that battery to launch the rocket", which might be less obvious otherwise.

Latest posts

Back