Post A Pic That's Sad But True...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at my place of work, we use a lotof 1/4-20 hardware.. and despite a lab with 9 guys in it, you can never find a 9/16" wrench, socket, driver, spanner, etc..

Same here, but most of our stuff uses 3/8. We do bigger and smaller, but the tools for the most common seem to be lost the most quickly, especially if the user doesn't purchase them.

It's supposed to be a "Sad But True"... I'm sure it'll be whatever people want to make of it.
The issue is, a lot of "Sad but True" situations are actually pretty funny. Much humor is drawn from the "sad but true" nature of the human condition and the chance and circumstances of everyday life. Witness Murphy's law and it's 100's of corollaries!

The issue is, a lot of "Sad but True" situations are actually pretty funny. Much humor is drawn from the "sad but true" nature of the human condition and the chance and circumstances of everyday life. Witness Murphy's law and it's 100's of corollaries!
Cunningham's law: "The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."

Briffault's Law (sad, but true for rocketry nerds): "The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place."

this is sad but true, and ignored by the people who have lots more.
R7fxttn.jpg

That is terrible... So often we look at images like that and, like you said, ignore it. So many people have forgotten what empathy is.

Perhaps we should put some money where our mouths are? Is there a charity you'd recommend for helping people in that situation? For me, I'd propose Mercy Corps (https://www.mercycorps.org/)... While not a hunger related agency, it's an international development, refugee, and relief agency.

I'm thinking that we could take up a collection and donate it to the agency/agencies that are selected.

Perhaps we should put some money where our mouths are? Is there a charity you'd recommend for helping people in that situation? For me, I'd propose Mercy Corps (https://www.mercycorps.org/)... While not a hunger related agency, it's an international development, refugee, and relief agency.

I'm thinking that we could take up a collection and donate it to the agency/agencies that are selected.

The Organization that is ranked at the top of the list of money collected that goes to the cause verses money the organization keeps is Feed The Children
https://www.feedthechildren.org/ They deliver food across America and the whole world

"Sad but true". I'm tempted to post a picture of my foot, pre-surgery. Not a pretty sight. Probably get me kicked off the forum. I come to my senses and don't post. Here's what it looks like now (4 years later);

right foot.jpg

9-CE7-B3-F1-B1-E5-4-B55-85-FF-F226-AD96525-B-jpe-1735904.jpg

...or it could just make you LOL

[edit] my friend called this "blunt force vaccination"

Back