Post A Pic That's Sad But True...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1996.png

We've got the LOL thread... But sometimes we need to groan too (part of the goan up process I'm guessing...). Yes, it's sad... But true...

View attachment 459499
Early in my career, I was diong a weight inventory on a big fishing boat. There was a big box (maybe 50-100 lbs) clearly labeled "Fluorescent light ballasts broken but save" Because sure, the boats' engineer was definitely going to be able to repair those ballasts someday... :questions:

Early in my career, I was diong a weight inventory on a big fishing boat. There was a big box (maybe 50-100 lbs) clearly labeled "Fluorescent light ballasts broken but save" Because sure, the boats' engineer was definitely going to be able to repair those ballasts someday... :questions:
Maybe they just wanted to use them to fashion a new anchor?

Maybe they just wanted to use them to fashion a new anchor?

All I know is that they didn't belong way up high in a boat with weight and stability issues.

I bet there's quite a bit of good metal (copper) in those.

Turns out ballasts are worth around 5-10 cents a pound now depending on the yard. Come for the copper, stay for the PCBs!

I've switched from complaining about how nobody can design a good graphing calculator to complaining about how nobody can make a good graphing calculator app for my phone.
When my HP48 dies, I may have to retire. It has the most perfect buttons, no one else has even come close. And the RPN is sufficiently strange that no one under 30 can use it.

Back