Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parks and Rec sign designer: Math? We don’t need no steenking math!
I can 100% see the following scenario:
Parks & Rec Sign Designer: Hey Manager, the track length is 0.39 miles per lap. How do you want me to do the sign?
Manager: Policy is to use fractions for distances less than a mile, so round it to 1/3. Good enough for rec runners. Let's send it up to Boss for approval.
Boss: We gotta add a 3-lap number too. Otherwise the runners groups take a bite out of my butt at the community meetings.
Manager: So that's gonna look weird since three laps is 1.2 miles and we use decimal miles for anything over 1 mile.
Boss: I'm just headed out for vacation, you all just do it and get the sign up before I get back.
[Boss leaves room]
Manager: Just use decimals for the 3-lap number, and we can blame Boss and/or policy if anyone complains.
[Designer throws an ironic salute]

I had never seen such a thing before I visited Israel. Every shop and store had this on display as soon as you walked in the door. We used two on the trip to the Dead Sea. Quick and easy to light, heat and use. Once done, discard. No mess, no fuss.
I guess, I wasn’t in the proper frame of mind to think the food could be included too!

Latest posts

Back