Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. That will teach the designer to carefully consider which way his pin numbering goes when creating library footprints next time. Would be a signal and power integrity nightmare and possibly not even work. Did I mention possible EMC issues?

That's possibly the best example of dead-bugging on a board I have ever seen.

I worked in an R&D lab and if someone had asked me to do this job my response would not have been printable here. It might have included references to places that never see the sun, etc, etc. I've done my fair share of soldering leads to the pads and vias on PCB assemblies but I would never want to try this.
edit...
Surely it would have been cheaper and faster in the long run to just spin the PCB? I had a prototype board given to me that didn't work. After checking for a bit I discovered that the board had been laid out with the footprint for the processor backwards/upside down. Rather than try to blue wire it they just spun the board and all was right with the world.

Last edited:
Yikes. That will teach the designer to carefully consider which way his pin numbering goes when creating library footprints next time. Would be a signal and power integrity nightmare and possibly not even work. Did I mention possible EMC issues?

That's possibly the best example of dead-bugging on a board I have ever seen.
Not to mention, all those variable lead lengths would royally screw up timing on a processor running at GHz speed. Remember, 11 inches = 1 nanosec...so those longest leads will skew timing by a significant chunk of a ns...

332715059_861614581803711_5615022003279489933_n.jpg

Back