Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

some of the better Spitfire pilots flew this way apparently. Flew with full right (or left) rudder trim, so they awlays looked like they were in a turn. Therefore. them baddies always overshot; aiming for where they are supposed to be going..

....or when you're out on the ramp, under the HOT sun, cowlings pulled, people everywhere, and you have one of the top jugs pulled on a Wright-3350 (Radial Aircraft engine as used on Lockheed Connies, etc.) and your socket wrench falls into the open cylinder.... Unfortunately, it DOESNT fall all the way to the floor / Ramp! [Insert lots of swear-words here!]

This photo accurately depicts the Chief mechanic yelling and gesticulating (at me unfortunately); The F/O who was helping out (me) standing atop a ladder, covered in oil, and sans 1 ea. Snap-On socket wrench, 'displaying indications of shock and surprise' :oops: ,and; - unfortunately at that exact moment - lots of pretty girls wandering about the ramp looking at all the cool airplanes - INCLUDING - the pretty girl whom I had only recently met, but whom quite liked pilots, patiently waiting in the HOT SUN for the F/O (still me) and enquiring "Is this going to take much longer? I'm hungry"...

:goodjob:

some of the better Spitfire pilots flew this way apparently. Flew with full right (or left) rudder trim, so they awlays looked like they were in a turn. Therefore. them baddies always overshot; aiming for where they are supposed to be going..
One of our dogs walks like that. I've always wondered how you correct the alignment on a puggle.

Back