Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I refuse to patronize Walmart. I went into one of the local stores with a coworker last week. I was dumbfounded to see that there was not a single cashier working. The store had tripled up on self check out stands. There was one employee walking between 15 registers to assist.
Three times lately I've left a full cart and walked out. Sometimes no checkers, sometimes one checker and 15 people in line.

I was digging through old Christmas pictures and found this one of my younger brother, Ray. I laugh every time I see it.

View attachment 550652

I think I will enjoy this picture for quite a while as well. Awesome emotion. Any back story to share? I think that is the same face I had when my brother got me a group 7 slot car motor for Christmas. My eyes were bugging out at the diameter of the arm wiring and very few other people would have known or cared at what I was seeing. He actually stole the vise off my build table in the garage and put it in the box so it was heavy as heck. It was a big vise. Having written the above, I had one hell of a childhood. I had a bench, a vise dad gave me and a brother who would buy me a group 7 motor. No clue how good I had it. . .

Sandy.

I think I will enjoy this picture for quite a while as well. Awesome emotion. Any back story to share? I think that is the same face I had when my brother got me a group 7 slot car motor for Christmas. My eyes were bugging out at the diameter of the arm wiring and very few other people would have known or cared at what I was seeing. He actually stole the vise off my build table in the garage and put it in the box so it was heavy as heck. It was a big vise. Having written the above, I had one hell of a childhood. I had a bench, a vise dad gave me and a brother who would buy me a group 7 motor. No clue how good I had it. . .

Sandy.
I took the picture in 2011. The present he got was a shirt. I don't remember if it was anything special (it looks like it might have been special to him). I was actually looking for a picture of him in a t-shirt he wears on Christmas Eve that says "Be nice to me, I know Santa Claus".

Walmart here is the only game in town. If they don't have it, you either go to Vegas or use Amazon. UPS is at my house about every other day. I was in Walmart today at 5:00pm. Place was busy. 5 or 6 checkers with 3 to 4 people and at the self help a couple of people in line to check out. There is about 40K people here.
Not real funny. I did see a goat in the back of a pickup truck a couple of times. Her name is Bambi. She acts like a dog. She has even been in the local paper. A Home Town celebrity.

Had something similar happen to a team member in my paint department. Only it was while shaking a can of blue colorant for the paint machine. He got to stand there dripping while we did our best to clean up around him.

For some reason, he ended up with the nick name “PapaSmurf”. He was a nice guy and had a good sense of humor.

Yeah, rockets too, coupla bikes, some guns and a small whiskey still.

I laughed at the original picture, but I like your comment as well. Regretfully my back took the bike option off the table, I'm not personally a gun guy (but I 100% support people being gun guys, my brother is, so I'm not anti-gun, just never got into it) and a whiskey still seems very attractive as another hobby. Not sure its legal here and pretty sure it would end up like my bbq habit where I spend $200 on meat, cook for tons of time and give 99% away. I still enjoy doing it and I still think a still could be a fun project - pun intended.

Sandy.

Latest posts

Back