Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 492919

Out here, we had a similar situation. There was a nice wooded hill called Cougar Mountain just a little ways out of town. Developers cut a lot of trees and put in subdivisions. The new owners of houses in subdivisions named things like Cougar Glen were Very, Very Upset that there were cougars that came into the subdivisions looking for dinner, and hey, doesn't Fluffy
Looking to buy this sign right now.

One semester in college I set up my classes to fall on MWF which allowed me to pick up lunch shifts at work. I woke up one morning in the middle of a fairly big surprise snowstorm that wasn't supposed to stop until late in the day. My car wouldn't start, so I called work and let them know I was walking in and would be a little late, then hit the road. We lived just off of the main road, so I was on US 27 within minutes. As I was walking up to the stoplight at Highland Avenue, a beer truck pulled up next to me and stopped. Visibility was almost nil, so it took me about two seconds to decide to hitch a ride on the back bumper of the beer truck. Only a few people even noticed me back there. They beeped and waved. We made the trip at about 10 mph, but I was to work within five minutes. Once we were near our parking lot, I just stepped off and walked the rest of the way to work. My boss was surprised when I walked in early after calling and telling him to expect me late, and he loved the hitchhiking story.

Sorry, this was supposed to be in reply to Dr. Wogz post.
US 27 and Highland Ave. sound like Atlanta?

That's a pic that makes me groan. Each half makes me groan, but they don't appear to be from the same setup. That's a 20 amp breaket and a 15 amp outlet. Which is allowed, as long as the wiring is good for 20 amps, but it doesn't seem likely.

(Edit 45 minutes later) This just hit me. The wire holding that breaker back is non-stranded, pretty good sized copper. Who always has wire like that on hand? It's probably the electrician who did that! (Could be a DIY electrician; I have plenty of that wire.)

Last edited:
Back