Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Woomera rocket test facility had a minor upgrade and name change a few years back. It was renamed Woomera Test Facility and a large number of t-shirts and other items were made before somebody discovered the problem with the acronym. I think it is now called Woomera Range Complex. WRC is much more palatable than WTF.

Nobody looked at the acronym when they decided to name it the South Lake Union Trolley. Then they issued the press release and the jokes started. It's called the South Lake Union Streetcar now, at least officially. There's a whole bunch of "Ride the S.L.U.T." merch out there though.

a few of the Montreal (French) city acronyms are funny:
'Montreal Urban Community' in French is: Communite Urban de Montreal - so a lot of city workers were ...
The police force was known as: 'Security Urban de Montreal' (and a Local Punk band was also called "S.C.U.M.")

Of course, Montreal is one of the only cities to have a strip club next to a church downtown.. a few actually..

Nobody looked at the acronym when they decided to name it the South Lake Union Trolley. Then they issued the press release and the jokes started. It's called the South Lake Union Streetcar now, at least officially. There's a whole bunch of "Ride the S.L.U.T." merch out there though.
Yep, I remember all the hype and news when it was first open for riders. All the shame calling and laughter. Fully aware they now call it streetcar vs trolly.
I still find it quite funny that no one official noticed that before releasing the name.

FB-IMG-1634658143821.jpg

Yep, I remember all the hype and news when it was first open for riders. All the shame calling and laughter. Fully aware they now call it streetcar vs trolly.
I still find it quite funny that no one official noticed that before releasing the name.
Oh, someone noticed. And chose to remain quiet.:cool::clapping:

At work, our customer wanted a quote for what they called an Actuator Simulation Station. When I pointed out the acronym they quickly changed the name. Did they really miss this?

Back