Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

😂

I was at a weld shop our company uses out in the country - and this guy is good, Code certified even for nuclear stuff - and I saw some 1/4" wall, 4" struct tube topped by an equally hefty 6" piece, and I said "Charlie, is that a mailbox?" He replied in the affirmative, said a friend of his was sick of replacing mailboxes. We had a good laugh imagining some punk busting the back window out of his car on the bounce-back, with his hands stinging clear up to his elbows, screaming in pain... But I like this solution. Whoever made that dent on the right side was one surprised individual! 🤣

😂

I was at a weld shop our company uses out in the country - and this guy is good, Code certified even for nuclear stuff - and I saw some 1/4" wall, 4" struct tube topped by an equally hefty 6" piece, and I said "Charlie, is that a mailbox?" He replied in the affirmative, said a friend of his was sick of replacing mailboxes. We had a good laugh imagining some punk busting the back window out of his car on the bounce-back, with his hands stinging clear up to his elbows, screaming in pain... But I like this solution. Whoever made that dent on the right side was one surprised individual! 🤣
As I said in another thread, when we had some assholes bashing mailboxes in my neck of the woods, I thought of painting my mailbox with nitrogen triiodide but thought better of it when I thought of the mailman. :eek: :ghosty:😁

It's a very VERY shock sensitive explosive. It can be applied to a surface in aqueous solution then dry and become sensitive in a nearly invisible layer.

I figured as much, I thought I recalled the name from my college days (my first college days, when I was young and crazy). I'm glad we never got to try fiddling with it; knowing me I probably wouldn't be here now...

It's a very VERY shock sensitive explosive. It can be applied to a surface in aqueous solution then dry and become sensitive in a nearly invisible layer.
Worth mentioning that “shock sensitive” in this case means that a fly landing on it can set it off.

Don't worry. The squirrels are on our side.

SquirrelSoldier-1.jpg
This is what Rocket J. Squirrel would really look like.

Back