Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say it's up to the Brits to decide if it was worth the mission. The loss of Allied aircrews was a tragic thing, but someone up in bomber command had to approve this particular flight.

I'm familiar with Bolo. However, I think Mincemeat, was a much more effective mission.
Mincemeat indeed was a a clever bit of twickewy!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat

726bf473f3818de2b2396b1237cbdd08ae05d908cbe860a04cc462d34cc2f8d4_1.jpg

I'm afraid Gary passed not too long ago.

But you are correct, that's a Far Side classic

Gary Larsen is alive and well and occasionally puts up something new on thefarside.com.

Very sorry to hear of Gary B’s passing.

Last edited:
Yup, that’s the Air Force. It’s nice to be able to reach out and touch someone halfway around the world and still make it home for dinner.

don’t get me wrong, there are smart, strong, and brave men and woman in all the services, including the Coast Guard. Air Force definitely leans toward working smarter rather than harder. And the view is almost always nicer!

story was, when the Army built a base, they’d put in the barracks, the training facilities, the armory, the PX, base housing, and then ask for money for the golf course. And get rejected.

Air Force puts in a base the first thing that goes in is the golf course, they usually run out of money before they get to the runways. Those requests get approved.

Back