Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted this in the WandaVision thread, figured it would be good here for those who have not been following it:

Marvel and DC Comics have announced an upcoming crossover TV show that will remind viewers of the classic 1950's Superman and today's WandaVision.

It will be titled...

I7kVIGn.jpg

SuperVision

Scene from pilot episode: "Some re-assembly required"

iLE7199.jpg

Some upcoming episodes by decade:

1960's episode: "My Favorite Kryptonian and sentient andriod with powers"

1970's episode: "Welcome Back, Kal-El"

1980's episode: "Clark & Vision & Mindy"

and of course the 1990's episode: "Super Friends"

Last edited:
These are supposed to be funny. Unfortunately this mentality is becoming mainstream. I watched a driver buried in their phone narrowly miss (within inches) a lady walking her dog in a crosswalk. When confronted the driver didn't have any concern about the pedestrian but rather was focused on how it interrupted what the driver was doing.

These are supposed to be funny. Unfortunately this mentality is becoming mainstream. I watched a driver buried in their phone narrowly miss (within inches) a lady walking her dog in a crosswalk. When confronted the driver didn't have any concern about the pedestrian but rather was focused on how it interrupted what the driver was doing.

Phone addiction is a serious problem of our time. This is rapidly getting people killed through totally avoidable occurrences. No one wants to address it. Probably because it is so prevalent. I realize that technology is always a two edged sword. Cell phones have many benefits, but I refuse to own one. I think that on balance they are a liability, not an asset.

Jim

When my son was about 7 we tried raising meat rabbits. Named them Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Supper, Snack, and Tidbit.

Whenever I fancied a young lady of which my parents did not approve a heffer would inevitably get named after her. Later breedings and milkings were, ah, well lets just say I may still be damaged.

Let it be known that none were named after my wife.

Phone addiction is a serious problem of our time. This is rapidly getting people killed through totally avoidable occurrences. No one wants to address it. Probably because it is so prevalent. I realize that technology is always a two edged sword. Cell phones have many benefits, but I refuse to own one. I think that on balance they are a liability, not an asset.

Jim
I own one, but I'm not "attached" to it like the rest of my family... and most everyone else out there seems to be!

On that note, at times I text while driving! No, the phone isn't in my hands; it's upside down in my shirt pocket, or in a cubby above my head, and in both cases Siri is in "voice activated" mode so I can simply talk to compose, send, read, and respond to texts. I consider this no different than talking to a passenger in the car with me, and that's how I treat it. DRIVING comes first, and I'm often distracted by traffic issues and have to cancel my texts and start over. DRIVING FIRST!!!

That's really educational. I learned some new words. Now if I can just figure out what language that is.
The language is colloquially known as "Engrish". Here at work I am sometimes called on to "translate" Franglish. (The French dialect of Franglish to American English, that is. I'm sure there those in France equally tasked with translating an American Franglish dialect.)

The language is colloquially known as "Engrish". Here at work I am sometimes called on to "translate" Franglish. (The French dialect of Franglish to American English, that is. I'm sure there those in France equally tasked with translating an American Franglish dialect.)

But that was so bad I'm tempted to up it to "Frengrish" - Fractured Engrish...

Back