Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1614291667179.png

1614291810190.png

Told My Students They Could Use A 3″ X 5″ Notecard For The Final Exam

1614291733861.png

That last one reminds me of something I did in college.

On the final for my math class, our prof let us bring in a cheat sheet with anything we wanted, on 1/2 page, single side, but it had to be hand written, and we had to turn it in with the test. I happened to have a .3mm mechanical pencil. With it, I was able to write a sample problem from every homework assignment, and my entire term's notes on the page (legibly)(and I still had about 1/3 of the page still open).

He took one look at that and then asked me to write something down on it. He was stunned I 1) could write that small 2) could write legibly (My handwriting normally SUCKS*).

No surprise, I aced the test.

*Once while working as a wholesale travel agent (we were the ones who the travel agents booked your packages through), I lost my voice due to allergies. I couldn't work on the phone, and I couldn't afford to take time off for being sick (Allergy season for me in PDX is May-June). They put me in the back with the mail guy, filling brochure requests.

Our customers would call in every so often and ask for brochures for various properties, and we'd have to hand write the requests on a form for the mail guy to collect, and fill. So, I get passed a stack of these requests, and start filling them. Some of my coworkers had very good handwriting, and others didn't. One person in particular had a handwriting that was damned near impossible to make out. I filled every order, but left theirs for last. I was struggling to make out even the most basic parts of the requests. I commented about this to the mail guy, and just then, I realized that I *COULD* read what was written. Not missing a beat, the mail guy said "It's yours. Right?"... Yup... It was mine.

After that, I made a suggestion to my supervisor that we should have a form customers could fill out online, or we could submit via our computers. That got me a $50 gift card for the suggestion.

Last edited:
View attachment 452360
That last one reminds me of something I did in college.

On the final for my math class, our prof let us bring in a cheat sheet with anything we wanted, on 1/2 page, single side, but it had to be hand written, and we had to turn it in with the test. I happened to have a .03mm mechanical pencil...
.03 mm?! .3 mm is uncommonly small, I'm shocked that .03 mm exists.

My story is from a freshman physics class where I really didn't need a cheat sheet. We were allowed an kndex card, 3×5 or 5×7 I don't remember. Others in the class were competing to write smaller and smaller, to the point of needing magnifying glasses. So I took a card and rubbed it gently with the side of a conical pencil point to make the whole card gray, then held a magnifier pretending to read it.

.03 mm?! .3 mm is uncommonly small, I'm shocked that .03 mm exists.

My story is from a freshman physics class where I really didn't need a cheat sheet. We were allowed an kndex card, 3×5 or 5×7 I don't remember. Others in the class were competing to write smaller and smaller, to the point of needing magnifying glasses. So I took a card and rubbed it gently with the side of a conical pencil point to make the whole card gray, then held a magnifier pretending to read it.

You, sir, are a monster. And brilliant.

So, I had an idea on the Space Hipsters group on Facebook:

KUzkAiC.jpg

So, my reply was 100% joke, 0% serious.

'Cuz glass cases are expensive. :)

Back