Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The back seat can get pretty hot in these!
View attachment 451942
I love the paint. The 'explodes when rear ended' thing was a load of press generated hype. The pinto was no more vulnerable than most comparably sized vehicles of the time. One of the major networks had 'broken a story' about small GM pickups with a similar issue. It turned out the network was using Estes engines to produce combustion. They were shooting miles of film and weren't getting any fires.

Jim

Growing up my parents had a baby blue Pinto. I can remember more than once my dad had to get up in the dead of a cold winter night to go out and disconnect the battery because it got cold and the horn frozen on. Don't remember the how or why, just the frozen horn on the Pinto.

Since pictures don't seem to be a requirement for this thread anymore, I'll jump in with this bit of humor (for those who remember other supposed automobile malfunctions):

I was never so nervous as when I was at a stop light with a Pinto in front of me and an Audi behind me.

You've never lived until your child pukes on your face. I was tossing (maybe more like raising and lowering) my older one a couple of times, and he thought it was hilarious, until he threw up....on me.
Yeah, if you can't stand being exposed to bodily fluids, don't have kids. At some point, you will be exposed to/come in contact with/doused in every fluid that a tiny human can produce... and more than a few solids.

Last edited:
I love the paint. The 'explodes when rear ended' thing was a load of press generated hype. The pinto was no more vulnerable than most comparably sized vehicles of the time. One of the major networks had 'broken a story' about small GM pickups with a similar issue. It turned out the network was using Estes engines to produce combustion. They were shooting miles of film and weren't getting any fires.

Jim
OMG!!!! Do you mean the 5th estate lied about something? I would use the turn sarc off thing but I live there most of the time. Thing I learned in my military career was that you could say just about anything if you used the correct wording and added Sir to the end. 😁

151628639_2961815534100669_6719208716250676990_n.jpg

Yeah, if you can't stand being exposed to bodily fluids, don't have kids. At some point, you will be exposed to/come in contact with/doused in every fluid that a tiny human can produce... and more than a few solids.
Absolutely freeking yes! Even if you are a sometimes absent dad. :barf:

Back