Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it.

This was a reddit thing in the spacex fan community. While waiting for the SN9 to complete its "hop" users were making memes with the "WEN HOP" theme. Which is short for, "when is the next hop?"

I find it rather funny in its grade school absurdity.

Why the heck did these pop up so fast and so ubiquitously? Enough already. Leave poor Bernie alone; the man needs some rest.

(Actually, I heard that Bernie himself is selling these on T shirts for charity.)

Why the heck did these pop up so fast and so ubiquitously? Enough already. Leave poor Bernie alone; the man needs some rest.

(Actually, I heard that Bernie himself is selling these on T shirts for charity.)
Like him or not, Bernie does have a sense of humor.

I think that's a big part of it. The man's brand is being kind of iconoclastic, the picture fits in lots of places, and heck, there's not a lot else to do right now.

Side note, the jacket he's wearing in that picture is from Burton, the Vermont snowboard company. It was a model that was originally made by Bernie's stepson (who worked at Burton at the time) for a fundraiser, with Bernie's picture on the back. Bernie liked it so much his stepson gave him a copy of the coat without the picture as a present. And here we are.

Side note, the jacket he's wearing in that picture is from Burton, the Vermont snowboard company. It was a model that was originally made by Bernie's stepson (who worked at Burton at the time) for a fundraiser, with Bernie's picture on the back. Bernie liked it so much his stepson gave him a copy of the coat without the picture as a present. And here we are.

And didn't one of his supporters make the giant mittens too?

I think that's a big part of it. The man's brand is being kind of iconoclastic, the picture fits in lots of places, and heck, there's not a lot else to do right now.
I think there is no rational explanation for the insane popularity of that meme. It just happened.

But I have to say... some of them are pretty darn funny. I don't know why.

NO, in fact the mitten company is close to going out of business due to the taxes they are paying in Vermont, much in part due to Bernie.

In the interest of dealing in, you know, facts, there never was a business selling the Bernie mittens. His set were made by a second grade teacher who makes them for friends and family. She isn't interested in quitting her day job to start a mitten company. https://jewishinsider.com/2021/01/jen-ellis-bernie-sanders-mittens/

And another, well, like he said, fact is that Bernie has never served in any Vermont state office, legislative, executive, or judicial. He was mayor of Burlington for a while, but mayors do not impose taxes.

26444c66a32c90bfb1625de6295849295586e3da.jpeg

Back