Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I guess it's just me, but I don't get what's the big deal about sourdough. It's OK. On the other hand, pretty much any fresh baked bread is something yummy. And we keep that Kerry Gold in the butter dish on the dining room table all the time.
Hear ya'. Grew up in Alaska. Kind of tired of sourdough.

It is great how Bernie Sanders stole the inaugural show by just sitting there in mittens. The Dems were all worried Trump supporters were going to do something and the old curmudgeon got all the cameras and comments by just being himself.

Well played Mr. Sanders.

M

Hmm, to build a flying model of a B-17?

Or a model of a P-38?

VIQVPnX.jpg

OK, BOTH.

That's a very skillful photoshop, not a flying model (although I'm sure it would fly if someone built one). Biggest tip-off is the prop blade rotations are identical.

Or a model of a P-38?

VIQVPnX.jpg

OK, BOTH.

That's a very skillful photoshop, not a flying model (although I'm sure it would fly if someone built one). Biggest tip-off is the prop blade rotations are identical.

The props look like they'd interfere with each other too. Too close together so timing would have to be spot on and hope one doesn't stop for any reason

Or a model of a P-38?

VIQVPnX.jpg

OK, BOTH.

That's crazy!
Here's a 9' wingspan P-38 I built;

Attachments

• P-38.jpg
    P-38.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 64
SkyFire, that is an awesome 9 foot P-38!

The props look like they'd interfere with each other too. Too close together so timing would have to be spot on and hope one doesn't stop for any reason
Well, artistic license, of course. Though as I think on it, the problem might have been fixable in real life with a 4 or 5-bladed prop with a smaller diameter (though IRL, if such a thing was ever really built, they could have just moved the motor locations outwards a bit more and made the stabilizer chord a bit shorter due to the extra span). Or also have the inboard engines mounted a bit ahead of the outboard engines so the props would clear each other fore-aft but overlap a bit in frontal view (with some nasty aerodynamic issues I'm sure, probably buffeting vibrations on the outboard props hitting the choppy air from the inboard prop tips).

Below, yes, there have been such things as 5 bladed props (a hopped-up Spitfire late in the war). Probably would be a maintenance nightmare for a 4 engined bomber.
Spitfire-6.jpg

SkyFire, that is an awesome 9 foot P-38!

Well, artistic license, of course. Though as I think on it, the problem might have been fixable in real life with a 4 or 5-bladed prop with a smaller diameter (though IRL, if such a thing was ever really built, they could have just moved the motor locations outwards a bit more and made the stabilizer chord a bit shorter due to the extra span). Or also have the inboard engines mounted a bit ahead of the outboard engines so the props would clear each other fore-aft but overlap a bit in frontal view (with some nasty aerodynamic issues I'm sure, probably buffeting vibrations on the outboard props hitting the choppy air from the inboard prop tips).

Below, yes, there have been such things as 5 bladed props (a hopped-up Spitfire late in the war). Probably would be a maintenance nightmare for a 4 engined bomber.
Spitfire-6.jpg
Check out this bird;

Back