Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
141285985_2942849436038148_3480487492246103643_o.jpg

Good bakers use real butter because margarine is a crime against humanity. At least that the prevailing opinion in this house. 😀
Partially hydrogenated fats, i.e. margarine, are the primary source of trans fats. So yes, a crime against humanity. Where butter won't do, try clarified butter, sweet or cultured; lard, tallow, or schaltz; or unmodified vegetable oil.

On the topic of butter....my mom likes butter. Like a lot. Like enough I worry about her heart. She'll put a pad of butter on a butter-cream frosted butter cookie. She bakes bread and uses half a stick of butter smeared on the outside when it's right out of the oven. hmmm...hot fresh baked bread with melting butter and honey..... *drool* I'll be right back, I'm gonna go call my momma!

On the topic of butter....my mom likes butter. Like a lot. Like enough I worry about her heart. She'll put a pad of butter on a butter-cream frosted butter cookie. She bakes bread and uses half a stick of butter smeared on the outside when it's right out of the oven. hmmm...hot fresh baked bread with melting butter and honey..... *drool* I'll be right back, I'm gonna go call my momma!
As a baker of fresh sour dough bread every other day, it is a fight to who gets the heal, myself or Mrs. (Mrs usually wins!) Hot out of the oven, with butter......Not much else compares to it.
Side note: Just helped the 6 YO create his first loaf yesterday. Baking it tonight! I'll have to try it with the honey!

I guess it's just me, but I don't get what's the big deal about sourdough. It's OK. On the other hand, pretty much any fresh baked bread is something yummy. And we keep that Kerry Gold in the butter dish on the dining room table all the time.

As a baker of fresh sour dough bread every other day, it is a fight to who gets the heal, myself or Mrs. (Mrs usually wins!) Hot out of the oven, with butter......Not much else compares to it.
Side note: Just helped the 6 YO create his first loaf yesterday. Baking it tonight! I'll have to try it with the honey!
Remember , time wounds old heels.

Back