Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day (WWII) Navy PFDs were called a Mae West, for reasons photographic evidence confirms. :shocked:

There is also an airplane bailout type parachute malfunction where one line gets caught over the canopy called a Mae West malfunction

Attachments

• DD890FC4-05A1-4476-8686-5B215A7CC814.jpeg
    DD890FC4-05A1-4476-8686-5B215A7CC814.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 84
Personal sinking devices, since apparently silicone is heavier than water.
Fair enough. I've only observed the effect of natural ones (on a very zaftig friend. It's actually kind of funny to watch).
Wow, you can do your driveway and hose your neighbor’s, all in one pass!
Snow blower? I thought it looks like a primitive harvester.

Fair enough. I've only observed the effect of natural ones (on a very zaftig friend. It's actually kind of funny to watch).
Snow blower? I thought it looks like a primitive harvester.
Gotta be a snowblower, given the chute up top and the spikey tires. What I haven't figured out yet is if there's anything in there that's supposed to be funny....

Railroads still use that kind of thing, only bigger! 😲

Years ago, I saw an old steam railroad snowplow that would have been used in Michigan. It went in front of the engine. The plow blade was about 10’ tall and it had extendable blade wings so that it could clear three parallel tracks at once. None of this blowing business, just a big blade and brute force.

Years ago, I saw an old steam railroad snowplow that would have been used in Michigan. It went in front of the engine. The plow blade was about 10’ tall and it had extendable blade wings so that it could clear three parallel tracks at once. None of this blowing business, just a big blade and brute force.
Its a dad story so I don't know how much of it is true but...

My dad was in the Navy in the late 60's and was stationed in Newfoundland at a Naval airbase(my 2 oldest sisters have dual citizenship). He told me they had a snow thrower that was 20' wide, 10' tall and the auger was powered by "only" a big block V8. They used it to clear the runways. He said after one really bad storm they used it to clear the streets on base. The driver heard a big "thunk" but just kept going. He said they found the shredded VW beetle 30' off the road in the spring when everything started to melt.

He also said that during a really bad storm, his was the only runway open north of DC along the east coast.

139833853_227756935553336_7232866865898269954_n.jpg

Australia Day is 26th of January and there is usually an ad for eating Australian lamb as part of the celebrations.

The current one includes references to our state border closures that have been off and on due to covid.

Share and Enjoy 😂

That is wonderfully done! Love it! (Lamb too!)

Australia Day is 26th of January and there is usually an ad for eating Australian lamb as part of the celebrations.

The current one includes references to our state border closures that have been off and on due to covid.

Share and Enjoy 😂

That is very funny. Lots of Aussie in-jokes I suspect.

Australia Day is 26th of January and there is usually an ad for eating Australian lamb as part of the celebrations.The current one includes references to our state border closures that have been off and on due to covid.
Mmmm, laaaaaaamb!

Do you folks ever get mutton? I've always beem curious to try the adult animal, but you can't get it nere in the States.

You can get mutton that tastes good on the Indian subcontinent, but I think they have a different variety of sheep than the rest of us.

I once replaced a lot pocket knife only to find it, two years later, sitting on the little shelf behind one of my headlights. It was just sitting there. Hadn't bounced out in two years of commuting.
Wrenches have a high stability quotient outside of human influence. I once pulled an engine and found the socket I had dropped a few years before.

Wrenches have a high stability quotient outside of human influence. I once pulled an engine and found the socket I had dropped a few years before.
Over the years I worked on autos, planes and helicopters I have found wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, safety wire pliers and assorted other goodies. The one that still makes me wonder and I get such a kick out of....I was tearing down an IO 470, when I pulled the oil pan off, sitting in the bottom was a tube of anti sabotage putty.

Back