Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At work, a few employees wearing their masks with their noses sticking out. We are required to wear them, and they are being supplied to us, up to two a day. I get along fine wearing them for hours.

I made up this sign, which I'll give to the HR director Monday and suggest copies of it be put in the employee area as a reminder how to wear masks. Yes, there is a "Wall of text" sign that is posted, covering all sorts of aspects of the masks that are being provided at work, but all that text and attention elsewhere diminishes the basics. HR already put up a lot of copies of two different attention-getting social distancing signs I made up.

Have to admit that I found the first two icon examples online, and modified one to create the third, I'm crappy at artistic drawing.

This counts as LOL because..... the third example (only slightly dumber than the second example, virus-wise anyway). :)

rMmIxNE.jpg

Last edited:
Launch me...

I briefly thought about what I'd need to do to start up a cremains launching business. It looked surprisingly feasible, though it might be easier for pets than people. The rules for scattering ashes from the air are pretty loose.

I briefly thought about what I'd need to do to start up a cremains launching business. It looked surprisingly feasible, though it might be easier for pets than people. The rules for scattering ashes from the air are pretty loose.
The Planetary Society has/had a plan at one time. It was for a small vile.
I'm a member, will check at some point.

How many upgrades to a cremation are there? All I can think of are regular and extra crispy.

We had my mother cremated and they tried to upsell a number of things. As mentioned, they try to shame you into getting a nice casket. They are just going to burn it sight unseen, so a cardboard box is fine. And they described the cremation process in detail to try to talk us out of it and go with a regular, and more expensive, burial. They probably get a few people to change their minds when they describe crushing the bones and bone chips in the ashes.

We had my mother cremated and they tried to upsell a number of things. As mentioned, they try to shame you into getting a nice casket. They are just going to burn it sight unseen, so a cardboard box is fine. And they described the cremation process in detail to try to talk us out of it and go with a regular, and more expensive, burial. They probably get a few people to change their minds when they describe crushing the bones and bone chips in the ashes.

About 2 years ago we had my sister cremated - no up-sells at all, and no description of the process. So it must be dependent on the funeral home....

Back